No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fact, when that creepy assassin did his magic face-change thing in season 2 I was expecting Arya BoyGirl to just go "Seen it before. Booooooring".
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• One of the Lannister kids killed by the Karstarks rose from the dead to become King?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
        Imran your mistake is thinking anyone in here else gives a **** about what happens in Dorne.
        At the very least Guy does. That keeps me going!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          It threw me completely when that Mountain character changed actor in series 2. It's hard enough keeping track of the characters as it is, and having them change actors makes it a complete head****.

Bad news: he's been recast again for this season.

He's a few inches shorter, and several inches wider.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
            I just found if funny that the rumor that they got rid of the other guy because all the fans were referring to him as Fabio and not taking him seriously.

Which is kind of funny since I don't think the character was meant to be taken that seriously.
            He was, but he comes off as Fabio in the books too.

Comment

• It is clear the show went with a more likable portrayal for a particular reason:

Spoiler:
              so watchers won't hate Dany when she starts ****ing him, the way readers did.

Comment

• Though, when you think about that..

Spoiler:
                She's a teenager, of course she's ****ing some douchebag
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Khal Drogo was cool.

Comment

• She didn't have a choice, really, in that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Though, when you think about that..

Spoiler:
                      She's a teenager, of course she's ****ing some douchebag

Well, yeah. Doesn't change my point, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        It is clear the show went with a more likable portrayal for a particular reason:

Spoiler:
                        so watchers won't hate Dany when she starts ****ing him, the way readers did.
                        Is Dany's story any better in the books? I've found her entirely portrayal in this series terribly dull and repetitive.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Bad news: he's been recast again for this season.

He's a few inches shorter, and several inches wider.

That's just stupid. Unless they re-name him "The Plateau".
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              No.
                              Yes
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                                That's just stupid. Unless they re-name him "The Plateau".
                                Table Mountain?
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X