A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    No. And it's only "obvious" to the readers because they've had a certain storyline spoon-fed to them.

Presumably it was poison- but was it in the pie, or one of the two drinks he was seen drinking? Or was it slipped to him at the earlier breakfast? Was it slow-acting or fast-acting? We don't know.

Cue book-readers going "AHAHAHAHAHA, FOOLISH MORTAL! IT WAS OBVIOUS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT Grrr MARTIN SAID!".

Anyway, my money is on Tywin doing it.
    All those nice little details about poisons and how they act. It would have been nice if someone had bothered to tell us about them, huh? Any way, lots of possibilities.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      No. And it's only "obvious" to the readers because they've had a certain storyline spoon-fed to them.

Presumably it was poison- but was it in the pie, or one of the two drinks he was seen drinking? Or was it slipped to him at the earlier breakfast? Was it slow-acting or fast-acting? We don't know.

Cue book-readers going "AHAHAHAHAHA, FOOLISH MORTAL! IT WAS OBVIOUS BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT Grrr MARTIN SAID!".

Anyway, my money is on Tywin doing it.
      Oo, biting.

There were a few different theories as to who killed Joffrey. This episode provided pretty solid circumstantial evidence about one of those theories. No, the evidence in this past episode wasn't obvious, which is why I was curious about whether non-book-readers had noticed.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• All I can say, is that I read the books, (not all of them but at least up to this point) but it was so long ago I don't remember all the details so I had an idea about it but wasn't sure. After the comments here that there were enough clues in the show, I went back and skimmed the books to see, and then me and my wife rewatched the episode. You can't tell watching the show unless you know what happened and even then it's pretty damn subtle.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          There is also one of those extraneous book details which reg hates so much. It's buried in seemingly innocent text which he, no doubt, glossed over several books ago but which now turn out to be crucial. Reg needs to die in a fire like the rest of the kuchibros with low attention spans.
          Jesus Christ when did I ever complain about the book's detail?

Comment

• Dontos really needed another scene to, it would have put book readers and show watches much closer together.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• "die in a fire" is a rather harsh sentence for having a different opinion about a book. You'd think Oerdin was a member of the Taliban talking about the Quran.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                I dunno. I kinda liked Paul Blackthorne in that role. Or were you talking about the actress that played Lt. Karin Murphy? She played it well enough but I never really bought her as a Chicago cop. Was still pissed when Sci Fi cancelled it though. Never really understood that decision. I thought it had good ratings given the network it was on.

Let' see... Harry is a 6 foot plus LARGE guy who gets physical. And while I really do like Paul Blackthorne, and will admit he played the role well, HE WASN'T HARRY.
                And not only did she not look like a tough Chicago Cop, she had the wrong hair color.

But besides those "little" problems, I still liked that show and was also very pissed when the deep sixed it.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Jesus Christ when did I ever complain about the book's detail?
                    Sorry, I guess it was your brother who did that. You two start to blend together in my mind sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      "die in a fire" is a rather harsh sentence for having a different opinion about a book. You'd think Oerdin was a member of the Taliban talking about the Quran.
                      It is just a turn of phrase and not meant literally.

Comment

• Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                          Dontos really needed another scene to, it would have put book readers and show watches much closer together.
                          You know who needs another scene? Or several other scenes? STRONG BELWAS. They're gonna make Daario
                          Spoiler:
                          **** on Oznak's corpse,
                          it's a ****ing travesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                            You know who needs another scene? Or several other scenes? STRONG BELWAS.
                            Strong Belwas is a freaking badass in the books.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

Comment

• Seven.

Comment

Working...
                                X