Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or
    Spoiler:
    he's decided to throw in with Dany, pay no attention to the assassination attempt I arranged in the first season
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Well then...

Spoiler:
      Who the Hell is going to kill Kevan and Pycelle? They have to have Aegon and Connington - maybe next season? If not, the show really does become fan fiction
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Economy of characters, Imran.
        Spoiler:
        No reason to think Kevan will return. Varys may just send Tyrion on to Dany after they spend a few episodes together, because they are awesome together, then go back and kill Pycelle. I mean, if we were going to meet Connington and "Aegon", we'd probably know about it by now; there's been no casting for "Griff" or "Young Griff".

Comment

• Spoiler:
          Why make someone relatively important (the show stops to mention Kevan) to never bring him back? And like you said, Varys tried to poison Dany - if the show tries the "he didn't really mean it" thing, it'll be goofy beyond all meaning. This deviation is going to make the show a joke and a "best not to think to hard about it" type of thing
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Spoiler:
            Imran is right. If there is no Aegon, fake dragon or not, then there is a giant hole in the story. Right now I'm more interested in how the battle of Winterfell works out and if Theon ends up in the Night's Watch or not. Hell, I honestly expect Jorah Mormont to end up in the Night's Watch by the end especially since it was his father's dying wish and would be a way to get him back the family sword. Of course, also IMHO, the smart money says by the end there won't be a wall nor a night's watch. That's how you make the attack of the others more disastrous, the wall falls (probably due to one of the magic horns they've hinted about), and both the others and the white walkers flood south. That's what brings about the war for the dawn.

At the end of the story there is no wall and the far north just becomes part of the seven kingdoms as they're already integrating the people any way.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
              Have any of you watched Full Metal Alchemist (series finished before Manga) and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (series redone after Manga completed)? Maybe there will be a GoT remake after GRRM finishes the books.
              Oh, I'm sure there eventually will be a GoTs remake eventually (just like how they've had mutliple Hobbit and LotRs remakes) but I'll be an old man before it happens.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Why make someone relatively important (the show stops to mention Kevan) to never bring him back?
                Better ask
                Spoiler:
                Tysha

Seriously, Imran. That faction isn't showing up.

Comment

• Oh please

That character was merely there for explanation purposes. Nothing like the other character we are discussing.

Comment

• They are already halfway through the show's run. After this coming season, only three will be left. If they don't cast that faction for this season, they aren't being cast.

They haven't been cast.

They aren't going to be cast.

Comment

• You can't seriously believe they'll stick to 7 seasons?

Fitting 4 books into 3 seasons, with at least one of those books being as long as the season that took 2 seasons to tell, would be complete and utter madness. The last season would simply be an entire checking-off-the-boxes season. It would be horrible television and would be an utter joke.

Comment

• 8 seasons.

Comment

• Considering they've (HBO) only said they'll do 7 seasons, the 8 seasons is simply your wish. What's to say they won't go 10 seasons?

The Producers obviously want more. Edit: nevermind, the Producers are saying 7 as well (that won't last):

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            8 books. Twelve seasons.
                            fixed that for you.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Ahhh, I thought the plan was 8 seasons.

Nevertheless, the point still stands.

Spoiler:
                              Tyrion and Varys are going overseas. If Griff & Co. were going to be cast, they'd be cast now. They haven't been cast.

Let it go.

Comment

• I shall not let it go!

If Season 6 rolls around and these aren't cast along with another major character area, it's basically become fan fiction to me and I'm done with the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X