Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosh View Post
    Spoiler:
    Dorne's my favorite region as well, although the whole Myrcella plotline is a big waste of space. I also like Quentyn Martell as he reminds me of myself at that age, getting eaten by a dragon like an idiot is probably the sort of thing I'd end up doing if I were in Westeros
    Spoiler:
    Well, lucky for him if he would have been eaten. In fact he just got toasted and died a several day long painful death, including remarks his mixed ancestry may have "protected" him from a quick death.

Talking about spoilers, the other day I acquired a movie (book of eli) and by circumstance landed on a website with user comments. One of the first was a huge plot spoiler, just for the troll. Changed the movie experience.

Comment

• Spoiler:

Comment

• I think it's rapidly becoming obvious that I'm the only participant in this thread who'll never need to use spoiler tags.

EPISODE 4! Nice to see that Simon from "Misfits" is playing a villain. I always thought he'd handle creep roles really well.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Another phenomenal episode. Several amazing scenes: Beric & Sandor, Arya & Gendry, Beric & Thoros & Arya, Tyrion & Olenna, Robb & Arnolf, Tywin & Tyrion & Cersei... to say nothing of The Lord's Kiss.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• First lesson: stick it with the pointy end

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
              Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Bran Stark, Arya Stark, and arguably Sansa Stark are the main characters.
              You forgot the Lannister Twins, Theon Greyjoy, Arianne of Dorne and Sam.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                Re book vs TV series, I reserve judgement, but would say the books are better. If the TV series can make the following spoiler funnier than when I read it in the book, the TV series may win on that one count.

Spoiler:
                Tywin's death
                Spoiler:
                Tywin's death
                contains many many plots that are untold but can be read between the lines. It's one of those things why the books are so good. There are a lot of plots and stories told without explicitly mentioning them. you can reread the books and learn new things.

The tv show obviously can't do that,

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                  I've no idea- but if it was, it wasn't edited well. And as for all the others...

It's H P Lovecraft Syndrome. Great imagination, but little technical skill as a writer.
                  LOTR wasn't, but surely should.
                  LOTR starts of as a children tale, like the Hobbit, including Pippin, Merry, Frodo and Sam washing themselves in a bathroom and playing around with the water, etc. It's quite horrible.
                  Then there's the Tom Bombadil chapter, which is very mysterious, but also written for children.
                  And worst of all of course is Return of the King, which is splitted into 2 books, the first book only focussing on Aragorn & Co and the 2nd book only focussing on Frodo & Sam. You've totally lost touch with some characters when they're reintroduced after like 30 chapters.

Despite that, it's still a great read!
                  And so is GRRM's ASOIAF.

Best book is book 3, and I agree with rah that Dance with Dragons last part is totally on par with that as well.
                  Not to mention that what's been setup at the end of ADWD is very promising.

First GRRM had the intention to create a 5 years gap, but then later he decided that it would be better to just tell the story of the gap as well. Those in-between books are great, but not as great as the first books. Still better then almost everything else I have read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    You may have some conservation of characters, buuuuut:

Spoiler:
                    I wasn't thinking necessarily of Quentin with Dorne, but you'll have to introduce more than a few Dornishfolk because you are introducing a new place altogether - and the almost kidnapping Myrcella plot I think may be important. And perhaps they'll merge Euron & Victarion, but that may cause more problems down the line, esp if Victarion gets himself killed while Euron is still fighting in the upcoming books
                    Spoiler:
                    Quentin is important, otherwise the greatest prophecy of the series wouldn't have been fulfilled!

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Quentin is important, otherwise the greatest prophecy of the series wouldn't have been fulfilled!

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."
                      Spoiler:
                      Remind me, what does Quentin have to do with the prophesy?
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        I think it's rapidly becoming obvious that I'm the only participant in this thread who'll never need to use spoiler tags.

EPISODE 4! Nice to see that Simon from "Misfits" is playing a villain. I always thought he'd handle creep roles really well.
                        He was sort of playing someone who was perceived to be a creep/villain at the beginning of Misfits. That was such a good show at the start. I didn't watch the latest season though... didn't feel like getting invested in new cast.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Remind me, what does Quentin have to do with the prophesy?
                          Yeah, you lost me there, Plomp.

Spoiler:
                          Unless Quentin is the sun (Martell sigil) that rises in the West (born in Westeros) and sets in the East (dies in Essos). I mean, that fits, but it seems a stretch, and I don't see anything else fitting.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• They really need to do more than 10 episodes per season.
                            Last edited by Krill; April 29, 2013, 10:14.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Now last night's episode had the kind of nudity I can get behind.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Haven't seen it yet. But let me guess: Unsullied in sweat and oil and sun?
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X