A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Guynemer is right.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Spoiler:
      I wonder who will substitute for Jeyne Poole now that Ros has been killed. She'd-a been perfect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        Why is that?

Spoiler:
        They aren't going to introduce Edric Storm at this point; Gendry serves the same purpose. Davos will save him instead. What is the problem?
        Spoiler:
        Gendry is the one who saves Brienne in AFFC by killing Biter and was seemingly dragged with Brienne to Lady Stoneheart. Seemed like Gendry would have more to do... and perhaps he still will. After all, Davos could save him and that's the reason Gendry is in the Eastern countryside when Brienne comes looking for Sansa
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
          Spoiler:
          I wonder who will substitute for Jeyne Poole now that Ros has been killed. She'd-a been perfect!
          What?!

Spoiler:
          Poole is supposed to be passed off as Arya... Ros is WAY too old
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            What?!

Spoiler:
            Poole is supposed to be passed off as Arya... Ros is WAY too old
            Spoiler:
            Maybe, but you mixed up Gendry with Podrick Payne

Comment

"I win!" Yeah, that line reading was particularly Joker-like. Terrific performance.

As for Petyr,
              Spoiler:
              he has zero claim to the throne, so his only chance would be through conquest, and even that seems unlikely, as he is Lord of jack and ****
              Spoiler:
              and Jack just left town. I'm having to take too many nerd cards from people.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The long winters could occur because the planet has occasional killer volcano eruptions, like the one that wiped out Valeria.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I was under the imprecision it was the orbit of the planet this story takes place on.
                  I can safely assume it's not explained in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                    I was under the imprecision it was the orbit of the planet this story takes place on.
                    I can safely assume it's not explained in the books.
                    Don't try and drag astro-physics into this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                      The long winters could occur because the planet has occasional killer volcano eruptions, like the one that wiped out Valeria.
                      Iirc, grrm has said the reason is magical in nature and will be explained in the last book.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why is that?

Spoiler:
                        They aren't going to introduce Edric Storm at this point; Gendry serves the same purpose. Davos will save him instead. What is the problem?
                        True. I just like to whine about how they change things even if they're just eliminating some characters and adding roles for others to the same effect.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Caligula and Joffrey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sxl5Iov.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	9095352

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                              Bought season 1. Will watch this week. May have questions later.

Don't get too disheartened by the god-awful barbarian horde story arc. It gets better.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                                Link please.
                                Entire plot possible spoilers: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...8-winter-fell/
                                Spoiler:

This person posts about how in Dance of Dragons the winter seems to be centered around Winterfell.
                                It's not coming from the North, but spreading from winterfell, where the most snow is falling just after the Bolton wedding with fake arya.

It is written that the cold winds blow from the south against the wall.
                                The Stannis army is getting more and more into winter problems when approaching Winterfell.
                                Wintefell itself is plagued by the winter storms.
                                On the wall things are cold, but quite ok.

Then he goes on talking about the name 'winter fell'
                                Is it the place where winter fell? (or the king of winter had fallen).

Then the stark motto 'winter is coming'
                                Is it about casual winter, or about REAL TRUE winter?

And the line that is like the 'sub-motto': "There should always be a Stark at Winterfell"
                                Why is that?
                                And are the old gods made aware of the stark absence from winterfell when bolton marries fake arya in front of the heart tree?
                                And is the winter then really starting?

What's up with the crypts? The ice dragon?
                                The opened graves of the old kings of the norths? The missing swords?

It's not so much a true spoiler based on facts, though the finding that winter is coming from winterfell is quite awesome in my opinion.
                                We're expecting it to come from the north all the time, but even while reading Dance, I wasn't aware that Winterfell is the center of the upcoming winter!
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X