Healthy, Tasty, Easy to Make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanS View Post
    To follow up on this, this has been a golden thread.

Guy's pasta recipe has been a can't miss recipe for the last year. Easy to make a lot of. Add some chicken -- normally I buy whole rotisserie chickens and then pick the chicken meat off the bone. Eat for a week.

The other go-to recipe has been beef and barley stew. The recipe from cooks.com is simple and forgiving for variations. You can buy frozen stew vegetables from the supermarket for cheap.

Have found out that making lots of food at once and then refrigerating or freezing for the future is definitely the way to go.
    I too have been cooking in batches and freezing, although not full meals. For example, I'll buy 2 lbs of ground turkey when it's on sale, then make 9 or 10 turkey burgers and be set for a while. I usually cut and heat one up to add to my salad, or eat like a regular turkey burger. They stay so moist if frozen immediately. Tastes like I just made them. Definitely the way to go.

Originally posted by DanS View Post
    A tip. Despite my best efforts (), my now-wife doesn't like to drink alcohol. So it's tough to get rid of bottles of white wine that I open for cooking. A good substitute that I have been using is cider in 12 oz bottles (Woodchuck).
    Why don't you just drink it?
    And I thought that was why cooking wine existed, so you can just cap and store until the next time. Do some recipes call for regular wine?

OMG that sounds awesome. Totally trying that out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
    X