Healthy, Tasty, Easy to Make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS View Post
    Nah, I'll just continue to focus on the super simple.

Not sure about the reference to 14th Street. Are you referring to the pre-transformation 14th Street or post-transformation 14th Street?
    Pre - I haven't been to DC in a while. I seem to remember women with low standards hanging around 14th and K.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
      not all tomato sauces. Some still have the acidity. I will always counter that with a bit of brown sugar.
      Make your own tomato sauce using crushed tomatoes.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
        Pre - I haven't been to DC in a while. I seem to remember women with low standards hanging around 14th and K.
        That was 20+ years ago. The only late-night action around here nowadays is a strip of upscale clubs. 14th Street has been upgrading all the way to past Columbia Heights, even after the recent real estate bust.

So I guess I have fewer targets of opportunity.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Then, I give you this general advice:
          Fresh herbs >> dried herbs (and make you appear very fancy indeed)
          Taste as you go and adjust as needed
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            I'm surprised there hasn't been a "Unhealthy, Nasty, Hard to Make?" copy-cat thread. Maybe with a reference to English cooking or something.

And by surprised, I mean relieved.
            Idiot.

English cooking is easy:

Either

1) Boil it

2) Fry it

3) Roast it

or

4) Try some combination of 1,2 and 3.

It's very easy assuming you don't come from Philadelphia.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

This looks tasty, easy, and fast. Peri-Peri chicken and a colorful mashed potato mix (sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, onions, herbs) with some other stuff to add flavor. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891...03122#45303122
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And being in DC, Dan can easily pop by a Nandos and pick up a wide array of tasty pre-made Peri Peri sauces.

Comment

Britain's cheapest meal is unveiled by scientists in London - the toast sandwich.

Britain's 'cheapest' lunchtime meal was unveiled by scientists on Wednesday - the toast sandwich.

The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is reviving the mid-Victorian dish, which, unsurprisingly, consists of two slices of bread around a slice of toast.

The society is so confident in the repast, it will offer £200 to anyone who can create a cheaper alternative.

The meal, costing 7.5 pence, was first promoted by Victorian food writer Mrs Beeton.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

That sounds like ****.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      That sounds like ****.
                      For the bread and toast lovers among us, it sound divine. I love toast.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I love toast, too. I just don't think putting toast between bread is the right way to go about consuming it. If I had a toaster I might try it though. ****ing nazis don't let us have toasters in dorms, some **** about fire hazards or whatnot...
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The rest of the article goes on to say that all you have to do to make it taste better is make an ordinary sandwich.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

When I read the thread title, I immediately thought of the old story about the "design triangle." You know, good, cheap, and fast. You can make a product any two of the three, but never all three--if you want it good and cheap, it'll take time. You can get it fast and cheap, but it won't be very good. Et cetera. I think there might be a similar rule at work here.

Be that as it may, I've turned my limited cooking skills to the probably-not-all-that-healthy fried pork sammitch. Melt butter in a saucepan, add brown sugar, mix them together. Toss in some apple slices (one apple per sandwich) and cook them a little while over low heat. Meanwhile, slice up a reasonably sized pork chop. When the apples are soft, remove them and fry the pork hunks in the brown sugar/apple crud. Once they're all cooked (and salted, of course), toss everything on a suitable roll. They have some nice sweet potato rolls down here.

It's a work in progress, I'm gonna see if I can improve it. Just thought I'd throw it out there, since I like it.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I actually thought the same thing when I first saw it but then figured that the dynamics between those three aspects really isn't the same when you're talking food.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X