Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barack Obama is secretly pro-Gadaffi - or he's a *****.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    Blowing up all their air defences is a great sales opportunity. Think of our arms firms! They could use the business.
    Watch it, you will be called a nut for thinking such a thing, like they do to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Technically, after the Iraq balls-up, in this case everyone is waiting for the UN to give a clear resolution granting a no fly zone. The Russians and Chinese aren't keen.

No-one can arbitrarily decide to impose a no fly zone.
      It's the classic boy who cried wolf. Now that the US perhaps should be intervening, it is too ****ing scared to because it destroyed all its foreign and domestic goodwill embarking on its crazy invasion of Iraq...

Also the Americans have just got tired of repeatedly getting their asses handed to them, that even setting up a fairly straight-forward no-fly zone is just too much for their battered morale to handle these days.
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

t's the classic boy who cried wolf. Now that the US perhaps should be intervening, it is too ****ing scared to because it destroyed all its foreign and domestic goodwill embarking on its crazy invasion of Iraq...
        I agree to this part. how many times can they justify an invasion? and to what excuse.. besides oil?

Comment

Guys, Mobius has one agenda. He talks shit about America. Am I the only one who caught on to this? It doesn't matter the circumstances or the facts, he will always find some way of blaming all the world's problems on America. Of course, it's obvious why. If you identified with a nation that hasn't been independent in over 700 years, you'd be grasping for ways to tear everybody else down too.

Thanks to God, Guts and Guns, my country is free of English dominion. Maybe if the Welsh had the balls of the Americans, Indians, Irish, and all the other former victims of the Anglo-Saxon imperialists, Mobius wouldn't have such a huge problem with his national pride.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            So I take it you're on the anti-democracy side then.
            What the laptop bombadiers and the ipad imperialists need to understand is that democracy cannot be militarily imposed from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              Guys, Mobius has one agenda. He talks shit about America. Am I the only one who caught on to this? It doesn't matter the circumstances or the facts, he will always find some way of blaming all the world's problems on America. Of course, it's obvious why. If you identified with a nation that hasn't been independent in over 700 years, you'd be grasping for ways to tear everybody else down too.

Thanks to God, Guts and Guns, my country is free of English dominion. Maybe if the Welsh had the balls of the Americans, Indians, Irish, and all the other former victims of the Anglo-Saxon imperialists, Mobius wouldn't have such a huge problem with his national pride.
              I think he is able to read between the line and not fall for the kool aid. I also think SOME of what he states has some truth to it.

Comment

This isn't about militarily imposing something, a no-fly zone alone won't stop Gaddafi.

It's about PR. It's about being seen to do the right thing. The Arab League itself has unanimously voted for a no-fly zone, which is unprecedented! The US could claw back some much needed goodwill in the Middle East if it only stepped up to the plate.

It's also not just Libya we're talking about here, but the reverse 'domino effect' of one Arab nation standing up to its people militarily. Once one nation sees that it can get away with using force, the others will follow suit and any nascent democracy movements will be snuffed out just as quickly as they began...

But of course, you can understand why the US might want Gaddafi to succeed in the end, because the US people do need their cheap petrol after all...

Comment

This isn't about militarily imposing something, a no-fly zone alone won't stop Gaddafi.

It's about PR. It's about being seen to do the right thing. The Arab League itself has unanimously voted for a no-fly zone, which is unprecedented! The US could claw back some much needed goodwill in the Middle East if it only stepped up to the plate.

It's also not just Libya we're talking about here, but the reverse 'domino effect' of one Arab nation standing up to its people militarily. Once one nation sees that it can get away with using force, the others will follow suit and any nascent democracy movements will be snuffed out just as quickly as they began...

But of course, you can understand why the US might want Gaddafi to succeed in the end, because the US people do need their cheap petrol after all...
                  Agree, I am not kissing your ass, I just agree with your statement.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Yeah, that was in the beginning when Gaddafi was in full retreat - the last few days the rebels have been literally begging for no-fly zones and airstrikes.

Do try to keep up!

Comment

Yeah, that was in the beginning when Gaddafi was in full retreat - the last few days the rebels have been literally begging for no-fly zones and airstrikes.

Do try to keep up!

Late to the party as usual: Sloww in name and Slowwwwwwwwww in deed...
                          Slow is an ok dude. He is smart also. "Can't we all just get along".

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post

No, I just find it retarded when your country can launch an illegal war against Iraq against the wishes of most of the world, costing trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives (including thousands of its own soldiers!) in the same year as it ignored desperate pleas from Liberia to stop a virtual genocide in that country, when a few hundred marines would have accomplished the mission...

What is it about the US that when the world actually asks for its help, it ignores it - but it's more than happy to give the rest of the planet the middle finger any time it likes on an average day!?

Comment

No, I just find it retarded when your country can launch an illegal war against Iraq against the wishes of most of the world, costing trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives (including thousands of its own soldiers!) in the same year as it ignored desperate pleas from Liberia to stop a virtual genocide in that country, when a few hundred marines would have accomplished the mission...

What is it about the US that when the world actually asks for its help, it ignores it - but it's more than happy to give the rest of the planet the middle finger any time it likes!?
                              It was the Government that did the invasion, not the people.

"I luv my country not my government."

Comment

Virtually all of the people wanted the invasion too. I can only imagine how dumb they must feel now.

Comment

Working...
                                X