Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barack Obama is secretly pro-Gadaffi - or he's a *****.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't an ally, he was just a local leader that we had gradually tamed. I just don't get that excited about tribal fighting in former European colonies. Maybe the enlightened assholes across the Atlantic should have considered the consequences of carving up the world for their profit and pride.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Dude tried to build nukes and got his ass bombed by the Israelis, right?
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Wha? No, we bombed him for killing Americans in Germany, and he gave up his nuke program (which never got very far) shortly after we conquered Iraq.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Oh, maybe I was mixing up Libya and Syria

Comment

Wrong as usual, HC...

You're thinking of Operation Wooden Leg in Tunisia, where innocent Tunisian civilians were murdered by the IDF as part of the collateral damage involved in that mission...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I'm not even going to read your post, anti semite.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                The first part of that is a fallacy. During the no-fly zones imposed on Iraq between the wars, the allies did not do this. What they did was destroy any AA battery that tried to lock on their planes. Also, people are bleating on how massive Libya is when they fail to appreciate that you only really have to police a narrow coastal zone, not to mention the fact that Gadaffi has relatively few airbases to fly from. Really, you would only have to protect two areas (since we stood by and watch Zawiya fall): Misrata in the west and the front line in the east.

Our moronic govt thought it would be a really cool idea to decommission our last remaining carrier assets only a few short months ago - give us another 9 years or so when the new ones are built and we should be good to go!

The frogs OTOH should start putting their money where their mouth is after formally recognising the Libyan opposition...
                Uh...what the **** are you on about? The only reason the US WOULDN'T have to bomb stuff is if the Qaddafi forces CHOSE TO OBEY THE NO-FLY ZONE.

In other words, you're predicating your claim here on the complete cooperation of Libyan forces with an order from the US. If the US declared a no-fly zone and wasn't ready to bomb the Libyans then the Libyans wouldn't listen to the order. In order to get cooperation then a necessary condition is that you be credibly committed to enforcing the order.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I agree, why should they. Gadaffi is an ally of the West, after all. Or at least he was until we decided to stab him in the back.
                  What ****ing drugs are you on?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

>>> P u s s y.

Discuss...
                    You're a liar and/or a P u s s y. You promised at least twice that you were leaving.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I'm not even going to read your post, anti semite.
                      That's only cos you can't stand being proved wrong, you whiny little c*nt.

And every time you call someone an anti-semite, a Palestinian kitten dies...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        Uh...what the **** are you on about? The only reason the US WOULDN'T have to bomb stuff is if the Qaddafi forces CHOSE TO OBEY THE NO-FLY ZONE.

In other words, you're predicating your claim here on the complete cooperation of Libyan forces with an order from the US. If the US declared a no-fly zone and wasn't ready to bomb the Libyans then the Libyans wouldn't listen to the order. In order to get cooperation then a necessary condition is that you be credibly committed to enforcing the order.
                        Which the US is clearly capable of doing, unless of course you're claiming that Libyan air defence tech has outstripped US airforce assets since 1986...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          What ****ing drugs are you on?
                          The truth...

Comment

so you support military action here mobius?
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

We did normalize relations with Libya a few years back but simply removing sanctions and normalizing relations is very far from making him an ally but at least we weren't bombing Libya like Reagan did.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I agree that Barack has been pretty timid about this whole thing. Bush on the other hand would have invaded all of Africa by now (nevermind which parts are which).

Comment

Working...
                                X