No announcement yet.

Anyone want to "shoot the ****"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I allow that it's possible, but I do wonder why the aliens would come all the way here, nab somebody from a relatively civilized region, do unspeakable things to him in the name of research or something, and then bother to put him back instead of simply euthanizing him, or keeping him in a cage for long-term study. Perhaps it's a study of how we react to unsubstantiated stories?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

See your mistake is thinking they came from a long way away. And maybe what they do to people is just making slight changes that affect how things turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Sox View Post
        See your mistake is thinking they came from a long way away. And maybe what they do to people is just making slight changes that affect how things turn out.
        What slight changes? And what effect are they hoping for--the guy from Fire in the Sky was apparently a logger, what were they hoping to accomplish with him, for example? And if they're not from Earth or far away, where are they from?
        1011 1100

Comment

One slight change may have been to tweak the server and make this a double post! Hmm...
          1011 1100

Comment

Maybe they are the lizard people?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Did it burn?
              no
              Last edited by MrFun; February 25, 2011, 20:58.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I think if they're coming from anywhere it's probably either the future or from outside our "reality". And the changes might be to alter the course of history basically.

Comment

I was worried about Agent. It's a good thing you came back.

You do realise you aren't allowed to stop at <200 posts once you pass the 190 post mark?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

What about the lizard people? They real or not?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• It looks like he didn't take my advice on <200.

Oh well, he was fun while it lasted.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I don't know anything about lizard people. It's pretty silly though to think that extradimensional beings would look like anything we recognize.

Comment

• So anyway...

The Toronto Star has release new poll numbers for CanPol. More interesting than the results is the method they used to reach them.

The poll was done between Feb. 11 and Feb. 28 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.2 per cent, 19 times out of 20.

* Wezil checks calendar.

Comment

• I wanted to see that, so I googled "Toronto Star" and "Canpol". This was the first result.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I tried shooting the breeze, and missed.

Or did I miss something else instead?

Comment

• It can be found here: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...als-poll-finds

Comment

Working...
                                X