No announcement yet.

Judgement Day: May 21st, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting it's done like an alien abduction. Heavenly studio lights pop out from the sky, people look up, squint, and get wynched up by the out-of-sight rope. (Heaven's on a budget).
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

What criteria are there for a judgement? I mean, does everyone get a fair trial plus attorney or somesuch or do we just get wiped out en masse for entertainment purposes??!?
      Last edited by BeBMan; May 21, 2011, 04:13.
      Blah

Comment

Well God moves in mysterious ways. I hear it is in a conga line followed by a rendition of "Oops Upside Your Head".
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 25, 2011, 19:21.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I was reading a bit of Wikipedia. Apparently one of the early (1861 or there abouts) prophecies which supported the rise of the idea of the rapture in the 19th century was generally inaccurately repeated.

A site with the full prophecy:

The discussion of judgement day has a particular interest for me since my denomination started after a number of people were disappointed by a date set (1844), and continues to place a strong emphasis on the coming return of Christ (but with no date set).

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Here is a paper on Isaac Newton's thoughts on the matter:

For those who are interested, he thought the prophesied time would be after 2060 (but not a long time after 2060).

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Everyone still alive?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I haven't seen my cat today. Maybe it ascended into heaven.

Comment

I bought three guns and four hundred bucks of ammo and THERE WEREN'T EVEN ANY EVANGELIST ZOMBIES AT ALL.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

All right. It is now 6 PM in Jerusalem. Fais les bon temps roullez!
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I bought three guns and four hundred bucks of ammo and THERE WEREN'T EVEN ANY EVANGELIST ZOMBIES AT ALL.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

So you mean these obnoxious Christian nuts are still here? ****ing hell.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            Keep them guns til the next judgement day. Or better, upgrade to missiles, since guns don't even kill people
                            Blah

Comment

Breaking report: It's a sunny warm day in Montreal, no sign of impending doom yet.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I didn't think there was such a thing as a warm day in Montreal.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X