No announcement yet.

Judgement Day: May 21st, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only two days left! and all that work to do... man, I afraid we will have to postpone the apocalypse as I have been slacking too much

wasting time on Apolyton
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Prophecizing and witchcraft are the ways of the devil. I intend to send these heathen scum to the pits of hell. May 21 will be the end of the world for all who oppose me.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        What kind of town do you live in where there's multiple rich kids who've killed a deer with a .22?
        It's the same kid
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Wow, I didn't know the Bible was so precise about this.
          The Bible is so clear on the fact that we don't know the time and hour, that it's amazing that those guys dare to try say otherwise.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            It's the same kid
            My response wasn't to you

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
              The signs are all around us.

Terrible Natural Catastrophes
              Rampant Homosexuality
              Rampant Drug Use
              Middle East on Fire
              Computer wins on Jeopardy
              Black Man President
              Churches are Corrupt

Pray to God that you're one of the elect. Oh, and give all your money to Harold Camping. Thank you.
              I don't know know what happened, but Howard Camping is the polar opposite of a televangelist.

He has no charisma, and he is a total bible geek.

Family Radio was mainstream for decades.

Here, read up on it.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Even if you believe in The Rapture (TM), it and Judgment Day are two entirely different things. The whole idea is that the Decent Godly People get whooshed up to heaven, spend seven years laughing at the bad folks getting stung by man-eating scorpions and such, THEN comes Judgment day. Actually, I think there's supposed to be a thousand-year reign of the Beast or something somewhere in there too, but I don't read Revelation much--and I assume that's not in the standard tortured fundamentalist interpretation, or the Left Behind series would be at twenty-five books and still going. Anyway, leaving aside the really tenuous logic backing up this really specific date, the poor scriptural support for the idea of the Rapture itself, the highly symbolic and unclear nature of most scripture pertaining to the end times, the fact that nobody believed in the Rapture until around 1800-something...(deep breath) AND the part where Jesus says we aren't going to know, these people can't even get the basics of their own terminology straight. Boo. Boo, I say.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If you want to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, better go tonight.

Probably a good night to finish off my single-malt as well...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                    He apparently thought it would happen back in 1994, and even wrote a book about it. Maybe he'll have better luck this time?
                    I thought it was three times is the charm?
                    He will say like 2030 next time that way he will be dead before it happens and won't have to here everyone calling him a liar again. And he can't get sued then.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Even if you believe in The Rapture (TM), it and Judgment Day are two entirely different things. The whole idea is that the Decent Godly People get whooshed up to heaven, spend seven years laughing at the bad folks getting stung by man-eating scorpions and such, THEN comes Judgment day. Actually, I think there's supposed to be a thousand-year reign of the Beast or something somewhere in there too, but I don't read Revelation much--and I assume that's not in the standard tortured fundamentalist interpretation, or the Left Behind series would be at twenty-five books and still going. Anyway, leaving aside the really tenuous logic backing up this really specific date, the poor scriptural support for the idea of the Rapture itself, the highly symbolic and unclear nature of most scripture pertaining to the end times, the fact that nobody believed in the Rapture until around 1800-something...(deep breath) AND the part where Jesus says we aren't going to know, these people can't even get the basics of their own terminology straight. Boo. Boo, I say.
                      I think the end of the world is actually supposed to happen sometime in October, and the time between May 21st and then is the torture the unsaved period. All the saved people[I think Camping is a Calvinist?] are supposed to be raptured tomorrow. But now its May 21st in some parts of the world...and yet no signs of the rapture so far.
                      "

Comment

It must be a slow news day.

'Rapture' apocalypse prediction sparks atheist reaction

Harold Camping says he will spend Saturday at home in California
                        Continue reading the main story Related Stories

US atheists are to hold parties in response to an evangelical broadcaster's prediction that Saturday will be "judgement day".
                        The Rapture After Party in North Carolina - "the best damned party in NC" - is among the planned events.
                        Harold Camping, 89, predicts that Jesus Christ will return to earth on Saturday and true believers will be swept up, or "raptured", to heaven.
                        He has used broadcasts and billboards to publicise his ideas.
                        He says biblical texts indicate that a giant earthquake on Saturday will mark the start of the world's destruction, and that by 21 October all non-believers will be dead.
                        Mr Camping has predicted an apocalypse once before, in 1994, though followers now say that only referred to an intermediary stage.
                        "We learn from the Bible that Holy God plans to rescue about 200 million people," says a text on the website of Mr Camping's network, Family Radio Worldwide.
                        "On the first day of the Day of Judgment (May 21, 2011) they will be caught up (raptured) into Heaven because God had great mercy for them."
                        'Countdown to back-pedalling' The Rapture After Party in Fayetteville, North Carolina, is a two-day event organised by the Central North Carolina Atheists and Humanists.
                        This prediction has been given an unusually high level of publicity
                        "Though the absurdity of this claim is obvious to the majority of the world, it's a great opportunity to highlight some of the most bizarre beliefs often put forth by religious fundamentalists and raise awareness of the need for reason," said a posting about the party on the group's website.
                        Atheists in Tacoma, Washington, have headed their celebration "countdown to back-pedalling".
                        Events are also planned in Houston, Florida and California.
                        An atheist and entrepreneur from North Hampshire, Bart Centre, is enjoying a boost in business for Eternal Earth-bound Pets, which he set up to look after the pets of those who believe they will be raptured.
                        He has more than 250 clients who are paying up to $135 (£83) to have their pets picked up and cared for after the rapture.
                        They would be disappointed twice, he told the Wall Street Journal. "Once because they weren't raptured and again because I don't do refunds."
                        'No Plan B' Meanwhile Mr Camping, who has been criticised by more mainstream Christians, says he knows "without any shadow of a doubt" that "judgement day" is arriving.
                        He says he will spend Saturday with his wife, close to a TV or radio.
                        "I'll be interested in what's happening on the other side of the world as this begins," he told Reuters.
                        There is no "Plan B", he says.
                        His campaign has been unusually widely promoted - both in the US, and overseas, including in the Middle East.
                        In Vietnam, thousands of members of the Hmong ethnic minority gathered near the border with Laos earlier this month to await the 21 May event, the Associated Press reported.
                        Chris McCann of eBible Fellowship, one of the groups helping to spread the message, said it had been publicised in almost every country.
                        "The only countries I don't feel too good about are the "stans" - you know, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, those countries in Central Asia," he said.
                        US atheists plan a series of parties in response to a widely publicised broadcaster's prediction that Saturday will be Judgement Day.

"

Comment

OH NO! MILLIONS WILL DIE IN 2011!
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Vietnam protesters lured by doomsday cult

HANOI - HMONG people who staged a rare protest in north-western Vietnam were lured by a cult that says the world will end this Saturday, according to a pastor with links to the ethnic minority group.
                            Doan Trung Tin, who leads the nationwide Vietnam Good News Mission Church, told AFP on Thursday that about 60 families from his church went to the remote north-west for a gathering of Hmong awaiting the return of Jesus Christ.
                            He said some of his impoverished parishioners - about 300 people - sold their belongings to pay for the bus journey from their homes in the Central Highlands provinces of Dak Lak and Dak Nong to the gathering in Dien Bien more than 1,000km away.
                            They were lured in part by a translated document that spoke about the prophesies of Harold Camping, Pastor Tin said.
                            'Many of them, they received this' document, he said.
                            Camping operates an American-based Christian radio network that broadcasts in many languages, including Vietnamese, and claims the world will end on Saturday. -- AFP
                            http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/SEAsia/Story/STIStory_670405.html
                            **** you Harold
                            "

Comment

**** if were all dead tomorrow. Who the **** is 2012 going to kill?

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X