No announcement yet.

Free speech is dead in Europe: Eric Zemmour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that the problem was that the people showing too much skin were minors, and therefore we should Think Of The Children (TM). But if you think I'm going to expose myself to MTV to understand the situation better, you're nuts.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      You probably have a walking tax/km.
      Uhmn, no, we actually have a tax deduction for work transport excess 25 km a day no matter what kind of transportation (even walking).
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        I read that the problem was that the people showing too much skin were minors, and therefore we should Think Of The Children (TM). But if you think I'm going to expose myself to MTV to understand the situation better, you're nuts.
        I didn't watch it on MTV, but apparently MTV is running a promo clip with two girls kissing (!!!!) that has generated complaints.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

As Bill Hicks once said "I'd like to know who they were!" (the people that would complain about this sort of thing...)
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Uhmn, no, we actually have a tax deduction for work transport excess 25 km a day no matter what kind of transportation (even walking).
            You are determined to be serious about this aren't you?

Comment

You are determined to be serious about this aren't you?
              Yup, dead pan serious.

Since you are a canuck, I'm not quite sure you got the liberal joke - did you ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I was going to explain what was wrong with a 37 hour work week but I have little experience with them myself.

Comment

I was going to explain what was wrong with a 37 hour work week but I have little experience with them myself.
                  Nothing wrong with a 37 hour week if the wage is high enough

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I disagree.

If the wage is high enough you shouldn't need to work 37 hours.

Comment

Hope that there aren't any americans reading this - they would probably burst a blood vessel in the brain

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The funny thing about KH and all his bragging about 70+ hour weeks is that in my experience working in the hospitality and commercial banking industries, the higher up you go at least with respect to operations, the less time people have to spend in-house working. Sure, their responsibilities are constant and they are slaves to their Blackberries but the fact that KH is always at work churning away kind of shows that he is but a cog and not in management.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

How long has he been there? A couple years?

Comment

I have a free speech issue of sorts...

I read on CNN recently that some Brit show ("Skins") airing on MTV was too racy for some of the sponsors. Having now watched an episode I don't really see the big deal.

Anyone else seen it?
                            The sponsors are probably just making a fuss to generate some free publicity.

Comment

Actually, it used to be that the lower paid workers would do the most work, but now the roles (as far as work time is concerned) have reversed. In fact, in nearly any high level career track position, you shouldn't expect to work less than ~50-60 hours a week. If you are working less than that, you're not likely to advance.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X