Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free speech is dead in Europe: Eric Zemmour

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...3594_3224.html

Zemmour may face a stiff fine or even a loss of freedom because of the following statements:

"French immigrants are more closely monitored than others because most drug dealers are blacks or Arabs... It's a fact."
    I guess its called a hatefact in Newspeak.

According to SOS-Racism, Eric Zemmour's remarks tend to "assimilate the origins of people with criminality," a type of discrimination that carries a criminal sanction. Among the other plaintiffs are MRAP, LICRA, UEJF and J'accuse. Eric Zemmour should be present. He is calling a number of witnesses including deputy Claude Goasguen, journalist Eric Naulleau and Robert Menard, the former general secretary of Reporters Without Borders.
    MRAP = Movement against Racism and for Friendship among Peoples;
    LICRA = International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism
    UEJF = Union of Jewish Students of France

Last March, in a long letter addressed to the president of LICRA, Eric Zemmour said he was sorry his remarks had upset some people, but he stood by them. Eric Zemmour had been supported by the general advocate of the Paris appeals court, Philippe Bilger, who in turn was summoned to explain himself to the Paris district attorney ("procureur général") (...) In a blog entry dated March 17, 2010, Philippe Bilger wrote: "All blacks and Arabs are not drug dealers, but many drug dealers are blacks or Arabs." He spoke of statistics that attempt "to cover up what is staring you right in the face" and of "censorship that forbids one to clearly broach such subjects."
    Journalist Eric Zemmour (...) vigorously defended his position, insisting he was not a "provocateur" but an honest observer of reality.

"When you describe reality, you are criminalized," the journalist said regretfully, his jaws clenched and his tone combative.

"I do not provoke and I am for freedom of expression," declared Eric Zemmour, one of the most famous "polemicists" in France, who believes that anti-racist organizations do nothing except "criminalize words that do not bow down to political correctness."

"Reality does not exist for these gentlemen," he added, speaking of the organization leaders. "They have to take refuge inside the ideologies they created thirty years ago (...) Those who leave are treated as provocateurs at best, or as Nazis at worst."
    "All you have to do, as I have done, is to consult the listings of the DCS (Central Security Bureau) of the Ministry of the Interior, to find that more than 50% of reported crimes were the work of young people whose family name sounds African or Maghrebin."
    "You are described by SOS-Racism as a provocateur, making unfavorable comments about homosexuals, immigrants and judges."

"No, I am not a provocateur," replied Zemmour. "I say what I think, believe and see." In short, he describes reality without taboos and thinks, as does the philosopher Clément Rosset, that it is "unbearable, but irremediable":

"My remarks are not inappropriate, they are brutal. But life, reality, is brutal." (..)

Later, he explained that anti-racism is the fig leaf of a Left that has submitted to globalization and the market economy and emphasized the lack of culture of the president of LICRA Alain Jakubowicz.

When the judge asked him about his remarks on race and crime he accepted full responsibility and said he did not understand why people reproach him for not mentioning the economic and social reasons that could explain the incidence of crime among immigrants. "It's a complex discussion. It could also be because of the family structures," he added.

According to Zemmour, to discriminate is to choose. "There is nothing infamous, we do it all the time." (...)
    How dare he make unfavourable comments about Judges!

Fortunatley there is still sanity in France. Not from the brown beaten Whites, but a minority that has suffered in past race riots (youth riots in Eurospeak) and incidents outrageous violence at the hands of African and Arab minority.
    JADF=Young Asians of France

The JADF considers that the anti-racist "associations" should instead revolt against the offenses and unacceptable insults, such as "f... France", and the discriminatory and violent behavior against certain religions.

These anti-racist "associations" showed no feelings toward the Chinese community of Paris. (...)

Mr. Zemmour is a scapegoat , a man who kept his freedom of speech and one cannot but respect him for that.

France gives her children, at least those who deserve it, the means to succeed without playing the pity and fear card.

The JADF fully supports Mr. Zemmour and hopes to demonstrate that one can perhaps have skin of a different color, be born somewhere other than France, love one's country, and still have an objective vision like that of Mr. Zemmour.
    The religion bit is amont other things a nod to the increased incidence of antisemitism in France. Hint the rise isn't among the natives, but I guess the Jewish associations are too hip to side with the wrong side. Its only a question of time before more "European" cities like Malmo expel the Jews with threats and violence, I guess that is a acceptable bargain for them as long as they are safe from "Nazis" who dare point out the color of crime.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

dealing drugs may be illegal, but it aint a crime

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Thanks, Heraclitus. I never knew I'd lived outside Europe until you told me.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
          http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...3594_3224.html

Zemmour may face a stiff fine or even a loss of freedom because of the following statements:

I guess its called a hatefact in Newspeak.

Please could you post the numbers of drug dealers there are in France, broken down by ethnic origin?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
            Please could you post the numbers of drug dealers there are in France, broken down by ethnic origin?
            This seems at first hard to do, since the French state dosen't break stats down by ethnicity (not even on the census), but if you read all the quoted material you should notice the following:

"All you have to do, as I have done, is to consult the listings of the DCS (Central Security Bureau) of the Ministry of the Interior, to find that more than 50% of reported crimes were the work of young people whose family name sounds African or Maghrebin."
            But be honest for a second, do you honestly think there is any Western nation with a sizable Black minority where that minority is not responsible for a disproportionate (adjusted for their SES) fraction of crimes compared to the natives? And do you think there is a European country where the same isn't true of Arabs?
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Incidentally, we really should congratulate France for this-

All you have to do, as I have done, is to consult the listings of the DCS (Central Security Bureau) of the Ministry of the Interior, to find that more than 50% of reported crimes were the work of young people whose family name sounds African or Maghrebin.
              Now I've never encountered a single police source suggesting that over half of reported crimes get solved at all, so if France is claiming they know who is committing over 50% of their reported crimes, they've got the best police in the world.

Crime stats- often quoted, rarely understood.

Comment

This is at first hard to do

It's not hard to do.

It's impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                  Thanks, Heraclitus. I never knew I'd lived outside Europe until you told me.
                  I can post examples like this for most Western European countries. I'm pretty sure Scandinavia might have a few too. "Hate" speech legislation is very popular in Europe.

I can see and accept that Holocaust denial should carry a fine, because its blindingly obvious that it did happen and people who deny it are mostly just spreading antisemitic propaganda. But the quoted statement, do you honestly think is that something people should go to jail for?

People here disagreed with my past views but do they think I should do time for them?

Comment

In any case countries that do collect ethnic stats show the same general pattern he claims to have found here can be proven for every Western country that does collect stats based on ethnicity. Why would France, of all places, be the exception?
                    Last edited by Heraclitus; January 23, 2011, 08:14.

Comment

Interesting dilemma. Should someone go to jail for presenting as facts claims that only imbeciles can't pull to shreds in seconds?

Comment

Reported crimes, not solved ones.

So they know the names of who did it, but they aren't solved?

Comment

One dosen't need to solve a crime to know the ethnicity of the perpetrator.

HE'S SAYING THEY KNOW THEIR NAMES, YOU UNBELIEVABLE ******!!! THEIR NAMES!!!!

Comment

So they know the names of who did it, but they aren't solved?
                            Damn, don't respond so quickly. I need time to edit posts.

Anycase perhaps the quote is mistranslated, I guess 50% of solved crimes is probably what he describes. I really doubt, especially considering the support he god, that there could be a mistake that simple in all of this.

Comment

HE'S SAYING THEY KNOW THEIR NAMES, YOU UNBELIEVABLE ******!!! THEIR NAMES!!!!
                              Yeah I noticed that, sorry usually when dealing with such stats ethnicity data is collected.

Comment

Working...
                              X