Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's reasonable to believe that it's possible for aliens to exist. Believing that aliens do exist, however, or that they've visited the Earth, is not reasonable until further evidence presents itself.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Now I am a firm believer in GOD.
      There is no proof that GOD exists.
      It all comes down to faith.
      If proof of GOD existed then there would be no atheist.
      If proof was so easly found then there would be no need for free will.
      As for aliens......see them all the time on the street corners.

Comment

• Yeah, I refuse to believe we're the only ones in the whole universe, but I'll need further evidence before I believe that they have visited earth.

So that begs the question, what is more reasonable to believe in, Space aliens or God?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
          Yeah, I refuse to believe we're the only ones in the whole universe, but I'll need further evidence before I believe that they have visited earth.

So that begs the question, what is more reasonable to believe in, Space aliens or God?
          Chariots of the Gods, they practical own South America.

Comment

Evaluating this question is impossible. There are calculations you can do (the Drake equation, for example) to assign a probability to the existence of aliens, but a similar calculation is not possible for God. If God is omnipotent in a logic-breaking way (which the problem of evil would seem to suggest), then logic cannot be applied to the question of his existence.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Why not both?

Comment

• Why not neither?
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  Be thankful, Moby. Now that BK's gone, Kid is the only poster left to make you seem thoughtful and open-minded on the subject of religion.
                  Ironically, it is precisely because of my open-mindedness that I despise organised religion.

Surely it must be the close-minded and unthinking that would accept a life of such blind faith, following some stupid being that came to some crazy but charismatic nutcase and/or science fiction writer in his dream, with absolutely no proof whatsoever...!!?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Why not neither?
                    neither was not a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Sorry, but you can't laugh...

Surely the most hypocritical religious people are the ones who followed one faith, only to decide they don't believe it anymore - but then decide to follow a different faith so you could get into the knickers of your g/f! We all know what controls your faith!!!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• damn I hate religions.
                        I watched this morning a history chan doc about the crusades.
                        All that death for religion.
                        The horror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          It's reasonable to believe that it's possible for aliens to exist. Believing that aliens do exist, however, or that they've visited the Earth, is not reasonable until further evidence presents itself.
                          I don't see how an evolutionist could believe that aliens don't exist.

I agree that believing that they have visited earth is not very reasonable.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Drake's equation is not about the existence of aliens, rather it is about detectable aliens in the Milky Way.

The probability of the existence of aliens in the universe (which includes all time) has to be be 1. Unless you are maintaining that humanity is unique in all of universe. This, for the evolutionist/cosmologist/etc, is not reasonable.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

JM
                              OH really?
                              Next your to tell me that those pyramids built themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

JM
                                I didn't say an evolutionist or cosmologist should believe aliens do not exist. I just think the most reasonable position is that they could exist. I don't think one should believe aliens do exist until we have direct evidence that they do (unmistakable organic signatures in an exoplanet's atmosphere, radio signals telling us how to build an FTL drive, giant alien saucers blowing up the White House, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                                X