Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Night! They are offensive to you because they are bad according to you, not because they aren't good according to God. You're so full of **** your eyes must be brown.

Clearly you are offended by me not because God says that I'm not good, but because I am bad in your eyes. Jesus said, "no one is good except for God." I said the same thing and you are offended by me. Yet you say you are not offended by Jesus. Why?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Good Night! They are offensive to you because they are bad according to you, not because they aren't good according to God. You're so full of **** your eyes must be brown.
      You have a problem with brown eyes? You only want aryans with blue eyes or something?

Clearly you are offended by me not because God says that I'm not good, but because I am bad in your eyes. Jesus said, "no one is good except for God." I said the same thing and you are offended by me. Yet you say you are not offended by Jesus. Why?
      I'm not offended by you. I just think you're nuts. And it's not because you're a Christian.

Comment

• Oh bull****. Answer the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          Now we can surely just say that the OT was written by men and inspired by the morals and culture of that time,
          but the same holds true for the NT
          I do believe this. After all, there is no Gospel of Jesus. I do think this was done on purpose, FWIW. Too many treat the Bible as God rather than as a mirror to God. The Bible being a story of man's relationship to God, not actual divinity itself.

(especially considering the fact that, when a certain version of christianity gained influence in the roman empire (thanks to constantine), it inevitably lead to the persecution of the other versions of early christianity (for example gnostics or those christian cults who questioned the divinity of Jesus) and the burning of their scriptures...meaning that a lot of early christian literature (which might have contradicted the scriptures in the bible) probably is lost forever).

So what keeps us from seeing Jesus as just a literary example of a good person (disconnected from any faith in YHWH/God/Allah and disconnected from the question whetherJesus really existed or not [and also disconnected from any NT-Passages that don´t cast such a positive light upon Jesus])
          That is a decent question. And the only way I can answer that (though it may not be as complete an answer as you may like), is that even beliefs like Arianism that asserted that Jesus was not divine, asserted that he was, at the very least, above mankind. Athanasius won that debate (Jesus being begotten rather than made from the Father) by appealing to the 4 Gospels that everyone could agree upon (Arians accepted the 4 Gospels, but read them slightly differently and were gaining a lot of support until Athanasius was able to win the debate and Christendom agreed that Jesus was both fully divine and fully human). And it appears that the Gnostic texts that were looked on unfavorably tended to emphasis Jesus's divinity and minimize his humanity, so they didn't question His divinity, but rather His humanity).
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh bull****. Answer the question.
            Oh, why do I say I'm not offended by Jesus? Because he seems like a nice guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Oh, why do I say I'm not offended by Jesus? Because he seems like a nice guy?
              Oh right, and you aren't offended by me either. Whatever.
              Last edited by Kidlicious; January 8, 2011, 18:33.

Comment

• I'm not offended by you, Kid. That would require taking you seriously.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  I'm not offended by you, Kid. That would require taking you seriously.
                  One would be pretty stupid to expect any atheist to say that they are offended although it's pretty obvious that they are.

Also, it should be added that anyone who thinks that it means anything because they say they aren't offended is just as stupid.

Comment

• Sounds like Kidicious is offended.

Comment

One would be pretty stupid to expect any atheist to say that they are offended although it's pretty obvious that they are.

Also, it should be added that anyone who thinks that it means anything because they say they aren't offended is just as stupid.
                      I'm of the mind that the atheists on this site think you're a joke. I certainly do!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• And reading the rest of the thread, I think it's safe to say that it's not just the atheists that think he's a joke.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Sounds like Kidicious is offended.
                          You do indeed offend me, because you accuse other people of not using reason to come to the truth. But human nature is not reasonable. You pass your ideology (materialism) off as a kind of science, but it's nothing more than a world view that you believe on in faith. Every bit of 'evidence' that supports your worldview you see as heavy. Every bit of 'evidence' that supports an anti-materialism world view you see as light or nothing. You're a hypocrite! You claim to be enlightened, but you're just like other men.

If I think I'm better then you it's only because of that, that I'm honest with myself and others. I don't pass myself off as above it all.

But you're forgiven. That's the difference. I don't wish you any ill-will. That I think is the difference. You're pushing an agenda and you don't care if any individual get run over in the process of it.

Comment

• We forgive you too Kid.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Atheists are amoral.

Because atheists are amoral, they can't be trusted.

Because atheists can't be trusted, when they say they aren't amoral they're lying.

Because atheists lie, they're amoral.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                Atheists are amoral.

Because atheists are amoral, they can't be trusted.

Because atheists can't be trusted, when they say they aren't amoral they're lying.

Because atheists lie, they're amoral.

Atheists lie because of human nature. We know this because of the scientific evidence and by our own human experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X