This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Blind faith? Did you consider the evidence and determined that it's an uncertainty? And if so then why did you make the leap of faith in the direction that you did?
    No, I considered the lack of evidence and determined that the belief in either direction was blind. When there is no evidence either way on the existence of anything, I usually lean towards the then it probably doesn't exist camp.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      No, I considered the lack of evidence and determined that the belief in either direction was blind. When there is no evidence either way on the existence of anything, I usually lean towards the then it probably doesn't exist camp.
      So if the probability is very small you choose that theory because it's the best that you can think of?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No evidence either way? Really?

Comment

• I would say there's a lot of evidence in both directions, but that nothing is objectively certain.

Comment

And what chance is there that life came out of a bunch of chemicals?
            That's a bit vague of a question to answer. I'm sure exactly what you're asking. We are made up of a bunch of chemicals so it's not exactly a big reach.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No evidence either way? Really?
              I've asked multiple times for you to list your evidence. Have I missed it.
              I'm on record as saying that I know of no evidence that he doesn't exist. Do you have any of that also.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's a complicated issue so rather than assign a probability to it, I'm just going to assume something else happened instead.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So if the probability is very small you choose that theory because it's the best that you can think of?
                  No I said if there's no evidence that something exists, I usually will believe that it doesn't exist. Please read more carefully.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    That's a complicated issue so rather than assign a probability to it, I'm just going to assume something else happened instead.
                    Assigning an actual probability to a unique event (such as the origin of life) would be moronic in the first place.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If it already occurred, I'd have to say 100%.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's a bit vague of a question to answer. I'm sure exactly what you're asking. We are made up of a bunch of chemicals so it's not exactly a big reach.

Not a big reach?! WTF???!!! You call yourself reasonable?!

Comment

No I said if there's no evidence that something exists, I usually will believe that it doesn't exist. Please read more carefully.
                          There's plenty of evidence that God exists. I'm not making a case that he exists based on evidence, that's why I haven't presented any. Just to present some though, since you seem oblivious to the fact that there is evidence, first the vast majority of people believe that he exists. Only a small minority believe that there is no God. Second, many people throughout history claim that they have seen him, seen Him do miracles or heard Him speak to them.

Comment

• Like what, Kid?

You say there's evidence and then you don't present any!!!
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Be thankful, Moby. Now that BK's gone, Kid is the only poster left to make you seem thoughtful and open-minded on the subject of religion.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Just to present some though, since you seem oblivious to the fact that there is evidence, first the vast majority of people believe that he exists.
                                Which wouldn't be a good point, even if there weren't several thousand different opinions of who/what this god is...
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X