This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Atheists lie because of human nature. We know this because of the scientific evidence and by our own human experience.
    Wrong and wrong.

The scientific evidence says that all humans lie, regardless of their philosophical stripe.

And the scientific evidence says that human experience is very unreliable, because we also all lie to ourselves all the time.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Wrong and wrong.

The scientific evidence says that all humans lie, regardless of their philosophical stripe.

And the scientific evidence says that human experience is very unreliable, because we also all lie to ourselves all the time.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If you think spiritualists are reasonable that's just fine with me, but why are you arguing against me? I'm not arguing against you. Do you have something personal against me? This doesn't make sense.
        The argument started here when you said something absurd about atheists being offended by Jesus or something. Yeah, "love your neighbor" and "blessed are the meek" are really lewd and offensive.

Comment

I'm sorry the facts contradict what you believe.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            The argument started here when you said something absurd about atheists being offended by Jesus or something. Yeah, "love your neighbor" and "blessed are the meek" are really lewd and offensive.
            But you aren't an atheist!

Comment

But you aren't an atheist!
              Which gods do I believe in?

Comment

Which gods do I believe in?
                If I were to guess what good would it do? You are a goal post mover. Goodbye.

Comment

If I were to guess what good would it do? You are a goal post mover. Goodbye.
                  So you don't know what my beliefs are, but you're confident that I'm not an atheist?

Comment

• Ok I don't know what your beliefs are, although you claim to be an atheist.

Fair enough, then you will help me out surely. Why do you think believing in God is reasonable?

Comment

• You didn't answer my question, kid.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        You didn't answer my question, kid.
                        You're boring... unless of course you would like to present an argument that believing in God is reasonable.

Comment

Ok I don't know what your beliefs are, although you claim to be an atheist.

Fair enough, then you will help me out surely. Why do you think believing in God is reasonable?
                          It's not reasonable for me, but I can't rule out that other people have reasons that are somehow personal. I'm not going to judge someone as unreasonable just because they believe in a god.

Comment

You're boring... unless of course you would like to present an argument that believing in God is reasonable.
                            I can't do the impossible.

You said that my comment didn't help my argument. So what is my argument? Or were you lying then?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              I can't do the impossible.

You said that my comment didn't help my argument. So what is my argument? Or were you lying then?
                              Guess what? I'm still not answering. Why don't we do this? What is your argument, and then I'll tell you why calling me a liar doesn't help it.

Comment

It's not reasonable for me, but I can't rule out that other people have reasons that are somehow personal. I'm not going to judge someone as unreasonable just because they believe in a god.
                                Saying people have reasons isn't the same as saying they are reasonable. Again with the goal posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X