No announcement yet.

San Diego and the demise of American freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slovenian culture must breed one track thinking and a total lack of critical thought. No wonder Hera's such a racist.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
      Is that true or do you get some sort of perverse satisfaction out of reading Heraclitus's rants?
      I hate hera's rants, they're retarded. It was in some 100 Colleges pamphlet. The metric they used wasn't actually diversity, it was basically "how many black kids".

The point I was trying to make is that when we say schools are diverse in the US, what we really mean is they let in a lot of disadvantaged minorities.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

*Heraclitus* Herp derp gypsies, darkies, muslims, aryans, the bell curve, derp herp derp */Heraclitus*

Jesus this forum is a graveyard for thanks to the boring drivel you guys manage to crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I hate hera's rants, they're retarded. It was in some 100 Colleges pamphlet. The metric they used wasn't actually diversity, it was basically "how many black kids".
          But they did describe it as diverse correct?

Edit: And this is a basis on which Alby criticized your school as diverse right? It is used by New York Times articles. Its used in the linked article too.

One could almost say that what you term actual diversity isn't the usual meaning of the word diversity in this context. Would you agree with this? Not note you that this is the correct use by your ideals, but that it is the most common.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Yes, they did.

Comment

Maybe it's hard to produce a mathematical measure of the diversity of a school so they use number of black kids as a proxy even though there are instances were it leads to silly results.

Comment

Maybe it's hard to produce a mathematical measure of the diversity of a school so they use number of black kids as a proxy even though there are instances were it leads to silly results.
                You could just count the # of races that are represented and test the proportion of the student body to the proportion of the population.

This is basic math I learned in my nondiverse high school.

Comment

But why would they use this as a proxy in School where the largest single ethnic group is Asian? Wouldn't that motivate a deeper look? And why describe schools that are 90%+ Black as diverse if this is true?

Run rationalization hamster run!
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    You could just count the # of races that are represented and test the proportion of the student body to the proportion of the population.

This is basic math I learned in my nondiverse high school.
                    That seems kind of vague, but yeah I guess you would aspire to have the demographics of a school match the demographics of the local area (or in the case of a university, the demographics of the country)

Comment

That seems kind of vague, but yeah I guess you would aspire to have the demographics of a school match the demographics of the local area (or in the case of a university, the demographics of the country)
                      The problem is that is precisely what many schools try to avoid when launching "diversity" initiatives. They are trying to be diverse even if the local area isn't.

Edit:
                      I just also love how no one dares comment the "switch Asian and Black culture and see what it does to notions of diversity" thought experiment. Must be because it already happened. Asians where once considered to adding to diversity, now they have been demoted to the other non-troublesome "sort of diverse but not really" groups like Women and Gays. Catholics and Jews are even worse off they might as well be WASPs for all the bleeding hearths care, maybe Asians will eventually share the same fate?
                      Last edited by Heraclitus; November 14, 2010, 21:19.

Comment

Of course you shouldn't aspire to it. You shouldn't aim for diversity any more than you aim for uniformity.

There is no such thing as positive racism, and racism is all that affirmative action is.

Comment

Poor ignorant HC, don't you know there are many professional anti-racist activists, diversity trainers, community organizers and sociology professors that agree that only White people can be racist? How can one even imagine a policy that happens to hurt Whites and call it racist?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                            Poor ignorant HC, don't you know there are many professional anti-racist activists, diversity trainers, community organizers and sociology professors that agree that only White people can be racist? How can one even imagine a policy that happens to hurt Whites and call it racist?
                            You're an ass.

Comment

You're an ass.
                              Quite probably true. I do enjoy being rude, in-tactful and outrageous.

But the post you are quoted is factually correct. You do realize that right?
                              There are literally courses taught by respected profs on Unis that specifically teach only white people can be racist.

Comment

In Slovenia? Have you ever been to the US?

Comment

Working...
                                X