No announcement yet.

San Diego and the demise of American freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply put, any true, freedom-loving American should look at this story and say "This is unacceptable. These laws and policies must be changed at once."

Instead, what I'm seeing in this thread is one American saying this is Islam's fault (typical), and another trying to sweep it under the rug under the guise that "at least it's not an internment camp".

What's wrong with you guys?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Additionally, saying "we no longer segregate the darkies, therefore we're more free than ever so this isn't a big deal" is pretty hilariously atypical of the attitudes of Americans, and precisely why this is so scary to most people who don't have blinders on.
      HC's high school is paler than Canada
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I knew I would regret joining this debate. Asher just compared gitmo to Japanese internment. Okay, this thread is over the deep end and I'm out. Bye.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

That article is retarded for so many reasons. Also, it's not paler than Canada-we have lots of Asians.

The article basically suggests affirmative action. which IS racist.

Also Jay Mathews writes an anti-TJ article once every two weeks. It's his schtick.

Comment

No, the editorial the Post wrote last week suggested affirmative action. The article just points out that you're in a nearly segregated high school.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              I noticed the demise of freedom the first time I was arrested for smoking weed. That was like, ten years ago. Where have you been, Asher?
              Yeah, that's a way bigger infringement on freedom than something that only happens in airports.

Comment

AS IS GETTING LOCKED AWAY FOR BEING JAPANESE.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Or getting labeled an "enemy combatant" and being imprisoned indefinitely without trial and getting water boarded.

Comment

Only the muslim Japanese.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'll reserve judgment until the actual lawsuit. Except about Drixnak, he's being a dingus. But 9/11 has made us all stupid, yes. Unfortunately, I'm still basically drowning in my own apathy and sense of powerlessness.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't know why you took a post from Asher seriously in the first place. Keep in mind you are arguing with a gay guy in Canada. I'm sure you're aware of how much his opinion and vote counts in the US.

Comment

I knew I would regret joining this debate. Asher just compared gitmo to Japanese internment. Okay, this thread is over the deep end and I'm out. Bye.
                          If your only defense is "well at least it's not as bad as concentration camps" then you don't have much of a defense, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            Or getting labeled an "enemy combatant" and being imprisoned indefinitely without trial and getting water boarded.
                            Name someone residing in the US who was sent to gitmo. AFAIK, they were captured in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Further, it is on a totally different scale.

Comment

Name someone residing in the US who was sent to gitmo. AFAIK, they were captured in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Further, it is on a totally different scale.
                              Sorry, I forgot foreigners don't have rights. Nothing wrong with a country that claims to fight for freedom while locking people up indefinitely without a trial.

Comment

It's not unreasonable to say that foreigners aren't as important as Americans.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X