No announcement yet.

No pay, no spray: Firefighters let home burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm too busy creaming my pants at the thought that some actuary/lawyer may have inserted a provision in the fire insurance contract which would mean that this **** is left with nothing but a smoking hole in the ground to care about this argument any more.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      I'm too busy creaming my pants at the thought that some actuary/lawyer may have inserted a provision in the fire insurance contract which would mean that this **** is left with nothing but a smoking hole in the ground to care about this argument any more.
      The insurance article specifically mentions this. Technically his company doesn't have to cover him since he didn't buy service.

But they're covering him anyway.

Good people.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Kuci, would contributory negligence cover this?

pleasepleaseplease
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• ****ing hell. Goddamn big companies are way too nice because they don't want bad press.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Asher, it doesn't mention the insurance thing in the OP. Is there another article you're referencing?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hope this guy's fire insurance had a provision in it that said he needed to have access to a functioning fire protection service...
              The family has coverage with Farm Bureau Insurance through local agent, Josh Simmons, who raced to the scene of the fire as soon as he learned about it. Simmons says the insurance company would not refuse or reduce payouts on the fire loss just because the fee has not been paid. Neither Cranick nor Simmons would confirm the amount of the policy.

The Obion County, Tenn. family whose home burned on Sept. 29 while firefighters watched from their truck has insurance to payoff their mortgage but not
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Ah, found it.

Why have a clause in the contract if you're not going to enforce it?
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• More important sentence is here:

Simmons said he knows of one other time this has happened. He said the insurance policy has a provision for a reduction in payouts if a fire protection service has not been subscribed but that the insurer has not enforced that in these situations.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I'm writing a letter of complaint to Farm Bureau Insurance.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• This is just like how corporate callable bonds are not economically exercised

The agencies (fannie mae and kin) are much more ruthless
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Kuci, would contributory negligence cover this?

pleasepleaseplease
                        I work in pensions and (to a much lesser degree) health, not casualty insurance, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          I don't think you realize this is a compliment.
                          Oh, sure, we need people like you who blindly follow a bunch of incoherent crap for the system to work as well as it does, but I'm not sure it's something to be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                            Oh, sure, we need people like you who blindly follow a bunch of incoherent crap for the system to work as well as it does, but I'm not sure it's something to be proud of.
                            Obviously the system as it works now, doesn´t work all too well, if it has fully equipped firefighters standing in front of a burning house doing nothing, while inside living beings die
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Living beings are dying right now while you waste time posting here
                              Last edited by Wiglaf; October 6, 2010, 03:53. Reason: It could be said my penis has a life of its own

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                Obviously the system as it works now, doesn´t work all too well, if it has fully equipped firefighters standing in front of a burning house doing nothing, while inside living beings die
                                This is like saying that the system doesn't work because I pay people to kill living beings for me.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X