Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SERIOUS(ish) for KH] Humans won't be around in 5bn years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face facts: The only thing women can do that men can't is have children.

Once Science solves that problem and men can produce children via magic test tubes and petri dishes...what do women give us?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title! Not just a thread for denigrating women!

Why are you not understanding what I'm saying? A monogender species is going to be female not male for no other reason than females can only produce more females while males can produce both females and males. Males can, with the aide of advanced technology, always produce more women! We can always make Eve's from our ribs, so to speak.

And unless human thinking changes to some point where we would rather make babies in a test tube than in a woman's womb and to where we feel that all-men is somehow superior/desirable to mixed men and women... then your all-male society will be very brief and quickly start producing females.

An all-female species does not have that option just because of the nature of the X-Y sexual determination system.

Therefore, the only reasonable possibility for a monogender species is all females.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!
        Do you not know the rules? [serious] implies it is not a serious thread.

Not just a thread for denigrating women!
        FACTS do not denigrate, they describe!

Why are you not understanding what I'm saying? A monogender species is going to be female not male for no other reason than females can only produce more females while males can produce both females and males. Males can, with the aide of advanced technology, always produce more women! We can always make Eve's from our ribs, so to speak.
        I'm understanding what you're saying, it's just that it's wrong.

An all-female species does not have that option just because of the nature of the X-Y sexual determination system.

Typical ****ing worthlessly visionless arts students. This is why your education was a wasteful burden on the taxpayer.

In 5 billion years, we do not need to rely on naturally-occurring X/Y chromosomes in DNA. We can flip them as we see fit.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Do you not know the rules? [serious] implies it is not a serious thread.

FACTS do not denigrate, they describe!

I'm understanding what you're saying, it's just that it's wrong.

Typical ****ing worthlessly visionless arts students. This is why your education was a wasteful burden on the taxpayer.

In 5 billion years, we do not need to rely on naturally-occurring X/Y chromosomes in DNA. We can flip them as we see fit.

Computer major who doesn't understand logic...

If we can flip them as we see fit then a monogender society will NEVER occur, whether female or male!

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Computer major who doesn't understand logic...

If we can flip them as we see fit then a monogender society will NEVER occur, whether female or male!

But no one would pick female because:
            1) It would make no sense
            2) It would be forbidden via legislation by King Richard Simons XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXVI

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              But no one would pick female because:
              1) It would make no sense
              2) It would be forbidden via legislation by King Richard Simons XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXVI
              So you're assuming that 1) all men become gay, 2) all men agree that technological reproduction is superior to biological, and 3) all men agree that women are not desirable to have around

Your assumptions require a big leap of faith.

Comment

So you're assuming that 1) all men become gay
                Yes. Gays are biologically superior: they are more in-shape, they are more intelligent. And they make more money, which is an important factor in our society. These are all facts.

2) all men agree that technological reproduction is superior to biological
                Yes, they are gay. Why would they want to reproduce biologically?

all men agree that women are not desirable to have around
                When space is a premium on our world, why should people you've no desire to sleep with take up any space?

Comment

OTHER FACTS: The more urban an environment, the more gays there are per capita. The world is becoming increasingly urbanized. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

Comment

Yes. Gays are biologically superior: they are more in-shape, they are more intelligent. And they make more money, which is an important factor in our society. These are all facts.
                    Too bad good gay genes wither away and don't get passed on to the next generation

And gays only have all those things because they don't have to deal with women!

When space is a premium on our world, why should people you've no desire to sleep with take up any space?
                    So these gays won't want any *** hags around? Really?

Comment

What the ****?

Again...

A monogender society is only going to be female. Not male. If it's male and they are able to reproduce with sperm only then they can make women just as easily as more men. We'd go back to having females right away. With females... once, we hit all female, it's all females forever. Men become impossible.

therefore, a monogender species is going to always be female and not male.
                      You're claiming that once children can be artificially grown from conception to 'birth', with no chance of mishaps, that women would still prefer to bear children?

If a monogender society arises, then there's pretty high odds it'll be monogender due to a concious decision from either its citizens, or its leaders. It'd be trivial at that point to produce whatever the ****ing hell they want, even if it's only midget blue-eyed hairless men with gigantic dicks.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Too bad good gay genes wither away and don't get passed on to the next generation

And gays only have all those things because they don't have to deal with women!
                        THAT IS PRECISELY THE POINT!

Women are a drag on society.

So these gays won't want any *** hags around? Really?
                        No, that's what trannies are for.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                          You're claiming that once children can be artificially grown from conception to 'birth', with no chance of mishaps, that women would still prefer to bear children?

If a monogender society arises, then there's pretty high odds it'll be monogender due to a concious decision from either its citizens, or its leaders. It'd be trivial at that point to produce whatever the ****ing hell they want, even if it's only midget blue-eyed hairless men with gigantic dicks.
                          I'm talking about the fact that humans probably wouldn't voluntarily go monogender... why would they? therefore, monogender would have to be forced upon them externally... that can not happen with men though because you can always make more women from men... you can't make men from women, however, so if humans were somehow to become monogender, it can only be with all women.

Comment

I'm talking about the fact that humans probably wouldn't voluntarily go monogender... why would they?
                            Efficiency.

Comment

I'm talking about the fact that humans probably wouldn't voluntarily go monogender... why would they?
                              Hmm.. I don't know. Why would they voluntarily kill off a significant portion of their own because of one person's whim? Why would they voluntarily get artificial, inert materials implanted into them? Why would they willingly poison themselves?

If the basis for your argument is that humans are perfectly logical and have never done things that, from our point of view seem completely ridiculous, especially not when led by charismatic people, then I don't think you'll get very far.

therefore, monogender would have to be forced upon them externally... that can not happen with men though because you can always make more women from men...
                              Assuming said externality is removed... You're saying that something powerful/influential enough to force a society into monosexuality will just dissappear once it has managed that objective? What would be the point in that if producing new females is trivial?

It's also probably very possible to genetically alter the genome to make two x chromosomes not produce a viable organism.

you can't make men from women, however, so if humans were somehow to become monogender, it can only be with all women.
                              We'd probably still be able to artificially alter an x chromosome into a y chromosome. Especially if there are still male versions of chimps, or other genetically similar organisms. That is, even if we don't have backups of the whole gene pool in software by then.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

This was actually an episode of the Outer Limits in which men all died and a woman only society existed... until they brought back to life cyrogenically frozen men who promptly started wars between the female communities.

Comment

Working...
                                X