Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SERIOUS(ish) for KH] Humans won't be around in 5bn years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't kill them, you just stop reproducing with them. They are icky, after all.

You need to look at places like China, Alby. You think this behaviour is far fetched -- it's not. Look at what they do to baby girls in China.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm guessing teh gay men would colonize a planet and use science and legislation to keep women and heterosexuals out. Then without women to drag them down they would outcompete, outperform and outlast the civilizations on other planets.

Comment

There is a good underlying point in that what exactly ARE women for? Besides reproduction and because heterosexual men want them, what do they really provide? Is there anything at all that the average woman can do better than the average man or that any women can do that no man can do? I can't think of anything. Men are clearly physically superior and women have no advantage in anything mental.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          This was actually an episode of the Outer Limits in which men all died and a woman only society existed... until they brought back to life cyrogenically frozen men who promptly started wars between the female communities.
          Vandread
          Cyber Marionette
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There is a good underlying point in that what exactly ARE women for? Besides reproduction and because heterosexual men want them, what do they really provide? Is there anything at all that the average woman can do better than the average man or that any women can do that no man can do? I can't think of anything. Men are clearly physically superior and women have no advantage in anything mental.
            milk

Comment

See, now you're seeing things.

Then once you optimize society by getting rid of women, what kind of men bubble to the top of society?

Homosexuals.

THE FACTS ARE ALL HERE. It's inevitable.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So Asher has proved that Speer is gay. It didn't take much persuading after all to sign him up to his evil gendercide and heterocide :shrug:

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Can you imagine how dysfunctional an all-female society would be? WE NEED TO MAKE MORE THINGS OTHER THAN SHOES.
                If it weren't for men, they probably wouldn't care about the shoes.

Anyway, I care little for this gender fascism. Sex itself will be irrelevant to the long-extinct humans of 5 billion years hence. Even orgasm pills will be so passe, darling, by then.

Comment

As to the thread title...

My guess: probably not.

If human beings survive the next thousand years or so with no dieback/loss of civilization, then my best guess as to the cause of humanity's extinction would be extermination at the hands of aliens or our own intelligent creations (whether they be biological or mechanical)
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How about evolution? Does natural selection still occur in modern society?
                    "

Comment

Yes, and in fact may well proceed more quickly than in the wild.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                        How about evolution? Does natural selection still occur in modern society?
                        Well yeah that's why our species as we know it won't be around in even 5 million years let alone 5 billion. The original question is kind of dumb for that reason. Of course humans won't be around. Nothing to do with extinction in the sense of nuclear war or anything like that. We will just evolve into something else.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Cyborgs FTW!

Comment

Is this a case where billion means something different to you Brits than normal people? Billion as in 10^9, right? If so, no, of course humans won't be around in that incredibly long time-frame. Life evolved from single cellular organisms to complex animals in a fraction of that time. How much do you think we will have changed?
                            Not so small a fraction, really. Single-celled organisms were probably around for at least a billion years, possibly several, before they evolved into multicellular organisms. And from the Cambrian explosion to humans is still a good half a billion years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                              Not so small a fraction, really. Single-celled organisms were probably around for at least a billion years, possibly several, before they evolved into multicellular organisms. And from the Cambrian explosion to humans is still a good half a billion years.
                              I didn't mean til humans, Kuci. Complex animals like vertebrates were around long before humans

Oh and 9/10ths is still a fraction

Comment

And some humans aren't even that complex. Hey. Alby.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X