Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SERIOUS(ish) for KH] Humans won't be around in 5bn years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SERIOUS(ish) for KH] Humans won't be around in 5bn years.

Discuss.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

B5 had Humans turning into Vorlon-like guys at some pt in the distant future

Humans B5 Scifi Vorlons
    Blah

Comment

We won't be around Earth in five billion years, because we will all be living on Planet Starbucks, a subsidiary of the GE Universe.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think that, at this stage, it's pretty hit-and miss.

We need to set up some way to get stuff into orbit for relatively cheap first.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

That's easy. Reduce the gravitational pull of the Earth.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Or increase its rotational speed.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I am sure there will be a planet Apple very devoted to its visionary founder. Pleasant for a holiday visit, but a bit too tyrannical rules for long term stay.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Is this a case where billion means something different to you Brits than normal people? Billion as in 10^9, right? If so, no, of course humans won't be around in that incredibly long time-frame. Life evolved from single cellular organisms to complex animals in a fraction of that time. How much do you think we will have changed?
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well the Milky Way will for sure be around in 5bn years, why shouldn't we?
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                    Well the Milky Way will for sure be around in 5bn years, why shouldn't we?
                    As humans? The same species? Impossible. 5 million years is probably impossible as well.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

While it's true that you yanks call a thousand million a 'billion', I'm guessing that that's the acceptance being used here.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There is, approximately, a 0% chance there will be homo sapiens in 5 billion years.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Guy is right. In 5 billion years, the superior genes of the homo homoerectus will dominate. All reproduction would be performed using SCIENCE to produce genetically perfect homosexuals. The world would be a happy, happy place.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

only one gender - with hair or no hair?

Comment

Jesus... all women? We will never last.

Comment

Working...
                              X