Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
    Nope, you lost me at this point...
    God you Brits are so dumb not knowing 10 year old hip hop slang that has seeped into White America through the media... stank as in a stank hoe... a whore... or alternatively, the female sexual organ... hang low as in what hangs low? your dick. It means having sexual intercourse with a morally loose woman.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Pumping Iron was awesome. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to appreciate it.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

God you Brits are so dumb not knowing 10 year old hip hop slang that has seeped into White America through the media... stank as in a stank hoe... a whore... or alternatively, the female sexual organ... hang low as in what hangs low? your dick. It means having sexual intercourse with a morally loose woman.

At the age of ~2 most children learn that something they know others might not know. like which draw the sock is hidden in. Its a sure sign your child might have problems if they cant make this distinction.

We all have a local dialect, yours is no more relevant than the rest of them.
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post

At the age of ~2 most children learn that something they know others might not know. like which draw the sock is hidden in. Its a sure sign your child might have problems if they cant make this distinction.

We all have a local dialect, yours is no more relevant than the rest of them.

Yes. Like you all think that milk comes in powder form.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:48.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I've never done any (non-prescribed) drugs and my life has still been far more interesting than I'd have wished. Silly people... Less demand = lower prices for the hookers and blow for the rest of you.

Comment

****, just been stared out by the Statue of Liberty again - still can't get over that creepiness!

Good on you C0ckney for living the dream!

Not sure about all that backchat to the cops - that could easily have not gone so well...

I remember being cheeky to a customs guy on a flight from Amsterdam and almost got a cavity search into the bargain!

Anyway, I still remember watching City of God: what a brilliant film for a lot of wrong reasons!

As for HC, this (frankly boring) existence that you extoll the virtues of so much now, is going to become a noose of social skills retardation in later life if you're not careful. While you're doing whatever it is you do from your self imposed ivory tower, other kids your age are getting out there and having fun!

You will have regrets, unless you at least pay some attention to developing those skills as well. It might even tone down your arrogance as well...

I should know, I used to be the arrogant geek into RPGs, who was the school chess captain and played for the county - until American football, girls and drinking rescued me at 16!
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

yeah i saw city of god before i came over, and it's a good film but it doesn't really capture what life in the favela is like. if you want a more realistic potrayal, then i would suggest the series of city of men.

i've seen some pretty mad things wandering through favelas. there's one opposite jacarezinho, which i was walking through a few weeks ago, and they have 'fields' of mud covered in plastic and other rubbish which is being sifted through by people, and in between the people are chickens and horses and huge pigs, heaven only knows what they are grazing on. as if this distopian urban farm wasn't mad enough, on the other side of the track (i'm walking through the middle with the 'field' on one side), there was a drug post, with the usual guys with guns and guys selling drugs. a very busy drug post i might add (i must of come in happy hour or something ). it was just incredible, i wouldn't believe it unless i'd seen it with my own eyes.

i've had a couple of funny instances with the language. usually i can make myself understood and can understand people, but somtimes it doesn't quite work like that. i had a bad case of 'gringo belly' a while back and went to the pharmacy to get some medicine for it. the women listened to me describe my symptoms and then produced a packet which said 'emergency contraceptive' (in portuguese obviously) on it. i couldn't believe it, i was like what the hell is this, are you crazy? do i look like a woman? i explained again and she couldn't understand what i was getting at. i ended up going to another pharmacy where they understood me perfectly.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    As for HC, this (frankly boring) existence that you extoll the virtues of so much now, is going to become a noose of social skills retardation in later life if you're not careful. While you're doing whatever it is you do from your self imposed ivory tower, other kids your age are getting out there and having fun!

You will have regrets, unless you at least pay some attention to developing those skills as well. It might even tone down your arrogance as well...

I should know, I used to be the arrogant geek into RPGs, who was the school chess captain and played for the county - until American football, girls and drinking rescued me at 16!
                    If HC wants to live a shorter life then that's his prerogative.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

If you guys think I'm going to take social advice from polytubbies you're sadly mistaken.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                        That is interesting, but there are some groups of abstainers which always come out as living a longer life.

Now maybe they would even live longer if they did drink, but this is interesting.

JM
                        (Not an abstainer for almost 8 years now, but rarely drink and recommend no, low, or moderate use in others).
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          If you guys think I'm going to take social advice from polytubbies you're sadly mistaken.
                          We're the only people in your life telling you to stop being a timid little *****.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I dont know about you but I want more cockney stories from Brazil please!

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              I'm sure heavy drinkers are also more likely to develop liver problems and have unwanted pregnancies than abstainers.

Comment

This is some of the worst trolling Ive ever seen. Quoting the link you quoted
                                Even though heavy drinking is associated with higher risk for cirrhosis and several types of cancer (particularly cancers in the mouth and esophagus), heavy drinkers are less likely to die than people who have never drunk

Comment

Working...
                                X