Hey, have you been working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
    I have to agree with Drake. The only people who are interested in men being ripped are homosexuals. Although I tend to be naturally quite muscular, it is just part of my build. I'd rather be thinner and more athletic, personally.
    Most homosexuals don't even like it.

Swimmer's builds are the most desirable to almost every homosexual I know. MrFun is the only one who likes muscled, ripped men.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Well I do a lot of swimming...what would that build be exactly?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Unfortunately, you have to swim a lot to get a real swimmer's build. Swimming for an hour a few times a week just won't cut it.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Unfortunately some of us have real lives to accommodate alongside exercise
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• My "unfortunately" already made the same point.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              No ****. He's scrawny all-around because paleolithic hunting relied on endurance and not strength, despite all the moronic fantasies you have about ripped male hominids spearing their prey and then each other.
              So now running 1 mile, doing 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, then running another mile isn't an endurance exercise?

And don't use Murph as representative of anything. Murph is named after a Navy SEAL Lieutenant who was killed in Afghanistan. It only exists to commemorate his sacrifice so it's supposed to beat you up and be absurd on purpose (properly, Murph is supposed to be done with a 20lb weight vest as well and a gas mask and combat boots if available).

It's a commemoration... not a real workout with an adaptive purpose. No one does Murph regularly.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Navy
                Marines
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• More presidents have been in the navy than any other service, right?
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Navy
                    Marines

QFT

Although the Marines are actually part of (and subordinate to) the Navy.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• 2 miles of running...not that impressive, depending on the speed of course...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                        2 miles of running...not that impressive, depending on the speed of course...
                        1 mile AFTER 300 squats...
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Meh.
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Squats: A power-bottom's training method of choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              More presidents have been in the navy than any other service, right?

I'm including Continental Army and militia service as Army.

George Washington: Army
                              James Monroe: Army
                              Andrew Jackson: Army
                              William Henry Harrison: Army
                              John Tyler: Army
                              Zachary Taylor: Army
                              Franklin Pierce: Army
                              James Buchanan: Army
                              Abraham Lincoln: Army
                              Andrew Johnson: Army (sort of; he was appointed military governor)
                              Ulysses Grant: Army
                              Rutherford Hayes: Army
                              James Garfield: Army
                              Chester Arthur: Army
                              Benjamin Harrison: Army
                              William McKinley: Army
                              Theodore Roosevelt: Army
                              Harry Truman: Army
                              Dwight Eisenhower: Army
                              John F. Kennedy: Navy
                              Lyndon Johnson: Navy
                              Richard Nixon: Navy
                              Gerald Ford: Navy
                              George H. W. Bush: Navy
                              George W. Bush: Air National Guard

EDIT: Wait up, HC, I have some more. missed some

I'm getting James Madison and James Polk served in a branch but I don't have confirmation from wikipedia. Presumably, both were Army.

Millard Fillmore: Army
                              Jimmy Carter: Navy
                              Ronald Reagan: Army/Army Air Forces

So 30 presidents served in the military, but only 6 were in the Navy.

Where do you get your info, HC? This is what they teach at TJ?
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; August 8, 2010, 17:11.

Comment

• Why'd you skip Carter and Reagan? Carter was in the Navy, Reagan in the Army.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X