No announcement yet.

Hey, have you been working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be too ungrateful, but if there was a cheaper option you can probably assume I've already tried it. There are no other options for a gym, this is a small town of 7000 people. A guy at work runs a martial arts class though, might join that, although it won't be as good for building strength, but oh well

Comment

• Perhaps yodelling will help you build muscle?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Skipped gym today, to rainy outside.

Still at work, too rainy outside.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Now there's an excuse for the ages

Comment

• You wuss!
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Should've took his shirt off and ran in the rain.

(only thing is, when you run in the rain on pavement, be careful. Because the rain obviously makes the pavement slippery, your body naturally changes your footfall to mitigate the risk of slipping by slightly turning your toes in. From my understanding, this puts additional pressure on your groin so your groin muscles tighten and that can lead to a groin pull; in other words, there is greater incidence of groin pulls when people run on slippery surfaces)
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It was pouring out and I didn't want to lift soaked.

I did go to the gym a bit this morning. I did:
                8/5/5 of cable fly (35/50/45kg)
                some spine rotations
                4/6/6 vertical press (16/13.5/13.5)
                5/5/8 tricep pulldowns (25/25/20)

Something about the vertical press was wrong. My neck area really hurts right now.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Nothing cardio?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• It was before work, didn't want to be sweaty.

I do 5km bike ride in and out of work everyday.

I probably don't get enough cardio, honestly.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Cardio is my downfall - I'm just too much of a lazy ****er...

I cycle to work, but it's only 1.5km (way to get assimilated into Euro culture, JM ), so that sucks cardiowise - not to mention I only work part-time to compound the suckage...

Then it's just a game of five-a-side footy most weeks and the occasional gym session (running, rowing, step thing - but not much of each), which qualifies me for a very expensive gym membership.

I also get roped into mixed netball probably every other week by a friend...

No wonder I'm unfit!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                        netball
                        I had never heard of that so I googled it thinking it was some crazy British slang term for basketball... Are you Brits (yes, Welsh are Brits) possessed with the need to pansy up a perfectly good sport? Can't just play normal basketball like the rest of the world.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          I had never heard of that so I googled it thinking it was some crazy British slang term for basketball... Are you Brits (yes, Welsh are Brits) possessed with the need to pansy up a perfectly good sport? Can't just play normal basketball like the rest of the world.
                          No worse than Gaelic Football, which is a game the Irish designed so they could cheat at soccer.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            No, no, we have basketball too! Netball is sort of a girl's version of basketball (hence the embarrassed smily) but with a bunch of other rules thrown in, like you can't move when you have the ball and there's areas of the court you can't play in depending on your position...

Anyway, back when I was doing even less exercise and needed to get back into shape, a female friend of mine asked if I fancied playing in their mixed team as they needed a few extra guys and I figured it was a low impact return to some cardio fitness.

So yeah, bite me if you think playing a physical sport with girls (including a few real hotties) is in any way a pansy thing to do - if I wasn't already taken, I'd have no shortage of 'prospects'...

The problem with you Al, is that you can't see the bigger picture...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                              No worse than Gaelic Football, which is a game the Irish designed so they could cheat at soccer.
                              Gaelic football (and hurling) is proper mental and definitely hardcore!

I remember in the 80s they played these Aussie Rules/Gaelic Football crossover games - basically just a giant brawl on the pitch for the whole game!

Found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...rules_football Utterly mental!!!

Comment

• today I ate:
                                500 grams of cottage cheese.
                                150 grams of cherry tomatoes.
                                1 cucumber
                                4 eggs.
                                2 burgers.
                                some regular yellow cheese and some smelly cheese.

yum.
                                15 minutes HIIT cross followed by weight training on chest, hands, and back.
                                then I went home, and managed to do a couple of pull-ups for the first time in quite some time.

Sports own
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X