No announcement yet.

Hey, have you been working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon, to be honest, I've been stalling a lot, as well. I want to squat 300lbs which is a very humble goal, especially for someone my size, but I stall out around 245. My current go at Starting Strength is hopefully the one where I finally get over this hump. I've been stalling repeatedly since March. I've gained a lot of weight since then but not much on the bar.

So I definitely hear ya.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I haven't really lost the weight that I put on when I tried to gain last time (although I haven't tried too hard). And it is really hard to gain much muscle when you are near 20% BF and have been in that area most of your life.

And to be honest I went to the doctor almost a month ago and he diagnosed me with lack of thyroid hormone (which I have started taking pills for).

JM
      I'm a little surprised. At least from your pics, you seem average size. You're slimmer than Provost Harrison
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• How many recent pictures of me have you seen, mind you?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
          How many recent pictures of me have you seen, mind you?
          None. Still have spiky hair?

Comment

• Jesus, that must be about 10 years ago...so no, not really, more messy than spikey
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Jogged five miles around Miramar lake today. I took my time and it was around 50 minutes.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• My shoulder felt fine until I started working out. I took things lighter.

12/12/12 machine press (49/49/49)
                10/10/10 vertical press (7/7/7)
                stomach
                12/10/10 barbell fly (30/30/30)
                12/12/12 shrugs (24/27/27)
                6/10/7 dumbell pullover - the first set was with my legs/stomach off the bench, didn't feel comfortable so I ended it early) (27/27/27)
                stomach
                10/8/7 tricep pulldown (20/20/20)

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Squats 3x5x225
                  Power cleans 3x5x125
                  Press 3x5x110

5-6 sets of 11 chinups

They installed the new power cages which is cool but they're such idiots... they put the pullup bars at the top of the squat racks within 5 inches of the ceiling which means that 1) they're out of reach unless you have a really high bench to step on and 2) you'll go through the ceiling if you try to do pullups so dumb...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    12/12/12 shrugs (24/27/27)
                    Are you practicing to be a Frenchman or something?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                      Are you practicing to be a Frenchman or something?
                      What's with how you keep posting in this thread commenting on what Jon's doing?

You're like a kid who hangs around, just outside the group he wants to join, making comments but for whatever reason, keeping his distance even though he so wants to join in Like, I know this metaphor doesn't have much meaning to a Brit, but it's like the kid whose father wants him to play football but he's more interested in soccer so he hangs around outside the fence of soccer practice everyday and in school makes these somewhat insulting comments to the soccer players but only because he so wants to play but can't.

Comment

• It could be just being, you know, sociable? You should learn it some day, you might be able to get a proper job then and "score some ass" or something.
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Attempts at least, this is starting a 2day a week full workout. My shoulder was still bothering me.

6/4/4 chinups
                          6/6/6 lunges (27/27/27)
                          15/15/15 dumbbell bench press (27/27/27)
                          5/4/4 pullups
                          stomach - spine rotation
                          8/8/8 vertical press (11/11/11)
                          8/8/8 dumbbell curl (11/11/11)
                          tricep pulldown-ran out of time after one set

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Yeah, I work out 6 times a week once again. One day off. Here's my current program:

After waking up, 30 to 45 minute morning cardio (before breakfast). Jogging. My little Rocky moment of the day.
                            Then gym: Always 10 to 15 minute warm up with cross trainer or running.

Day 1 (legs):
                            Dumbbell Lunges, 8/8/8 (per leg) with weights (17 kg on both hands)
                            "Romanian deadlift", 12/12/12, weights 40 kg + bar
                            Hack squat 8/8/8, weight 140 kg
                            Leg curls, 12/12/12, weight 70 kg
                            Back ups, 15/15/15, weight 70 kg
                            Leg press, 15/15/15, weight 200 kg

Day 2 (chest, back)

Peckdeck 12/12/12, weight 75 kg
                            Reverse peckdeck 12/12/12, weight 90 kg
                            Bent over row 10/10/10, weight 25 kg per side
                            Bench press 10/10/10, weight 80 kg + bar
                            Incline dumbbell bench 8/8/8, weights 25 kg per hand
                            Wide grip lat pulldown 10/10/10, weight 75 kg

Day 3 (arms, shoulders)
                            Dumbbell bench 10/10/10, weights 25 kg per hand
                            Double front dumbbell raise 15/15/15, weights 15 kg per hand
                            Power partials, 10/10/10, weights 20 kg per hand
                            Barbell curl, 10/10/10, weight 30 kg + bar
                            "French" barbell curl, 10/10/10, weight 30 kg + bar
                            Hammer, 10/10/10, weight 20 kg per hand
                            Pushdown, 10/10/10, weight 75 kg

Then stomach crunches, all kinds, at the end of all these different days.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              What's with how you keep posting in this thread commenting on what Jon's doing?

You're like a kid who hangs around, just outside the group he wants to join, making comments but for whatever reason, keeping his distance even though he so wants to join in Like, I know this metaphor doesn't have much meaning to a Brit, but it's like the kid whose father wants him to play football but he's more interested in soccer so he hangs around outside the fence of soccer practice everyday and in school makes these somewhat insulting comments to the soccer players but only because he so wants to play but can't.
                              What's your problem with PH?

He's contributed to the thread both on topic and in a light hearted manner, in fact the first thing I thought when JM mentioned the shrugs was the classic Gallic shrug and a "bof" before dragging on a Gaulois... But then, as a Yank, you wouldn't know the cultural proclivities of our snail munching neighbours...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Squat 3x5x230
                                6 or 7 sets of 11 chinups

Didn't bench because the gym was crowded and I tried deadlifting but my hamstrings were real tight and I couldn't get the weight up.

Comment

Working...
                                X