No announcement yet.

Hey, have you been working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at his arms, you idiot. Upper body strength means nothing to this man.

Hey and if he's good at pullups, he can also climb trees better which has many advantages!

You goddamn racist...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Jesus christ. Does Alby really recommend the nutrition of NEANDERTHALS?

Humans have been getting taller, smarter, and longer-lived over the last century. Why? Largely because of better nutrition.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

To be fair, paleo diets aren't unhealthy. They are, however:

1. Racist. Only rich first-worlders can afford to completely abandon grains as a staple food.

2. Stupid. Why exactly should we eat only what our caveman ancestors could? Should we stop driving cars and using computers, too?
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
          Look at his arms, you idiot. Upper body strength means nothing to this man.

Hey and if he's good at pullups, he can also climb trees better which has many advantages!

You goddamn racist...
          Umm... being able to climb trees, means he can get fruit from the tree, he can gain an altitude advantage so he can survey a large area, which is useful for hunting and warfare, he can escape from certain predators by climbing up a tree, etc. A lot of advantages to be had with climbing.

His arms doesn't mean ****. He's also scrawny all around.

I could make the argument that if he were stronger, he could be a better hunter, eat more and more often, and therefore, be able to get more protein to be even stronger... don't act like being able to throw a stone-tipped spear into the inch thick hide of an ibex doesn't take strength.

Don't confuse leanness with a lack of strength.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Jesus christ. Does Alby really recommend the nutrition of NEANDERTHALS?

Humans have been getting taller, smarter, and longer-lived over the last century. Why? Largely because of better nutrition.
            Ever heard of this, HC?

In 1939, he published "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration", a book that details a series of ethnographic nutritional studies performed by Price across diverse cultures.

Some of the cultures studied include the inhabitants of the Lötschental in Switzerland, the inhabitants of the Isles of Lewis and Harris in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland, the Gaeltacht areas on the western islands of Ireland, the Eskimos of Alaska and Canada, the Native Americans, among the inhabitants of New Caledonia, Fiji, Samoa, the Marquesas Islands, Tahiti, Rarotonga, Nukuʻalofa, Hawaii, the Masai, Kikuyu, Wakamba and Jalou tribes of Kenya, the Muhima of Uganda, the Baitu and Watusi of Rwanda, the Pygmies, and Wanande in the Congo, the Terrakeka, Dinka and Neurs of Sudan, the Aborigines of Australia, the inhabitants of the Torres Strait, the Māori of New Zealand, the Tauhuanocans, Quechua, "Andes Indians", "Sierra Indians" and "Jungle Indians" of Peru.

In his studies he claimed to have found that plagues of modern civilization (headaches, general muscle fatigue, dental caries or cavities, impacted molars, tooth crowding, allergies, heart disease, asthma, and degenerative diseases such as tuberculosis and cancer) were not present in those cultures sustained by indigenous diets. However, within a single generation these same cultures experienced all the above listed ailments with the inclusion of Western foods in their diet: refined sugars, refined flours, canned goods, etc.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

His arms doesn't mean ****. He's also scrawny all around.

No ****. He's scrawny all-around because paleolithic hunting relied on endurance and not strength, despite all the moronic fantasies you have about ripped male hominids spearing their prey and then each other.

I could make the argument that if he were stronger, he could be a better hunter,

If he were carrying more muscle mass, he never would've been able to run the kudu down in the first place. News flash: kudus (and most other animals) run faster than humans, so you better be able to outlast them.

don't act like being able to throw a stone-tipped spear into the inch thick hide of an ibex doesn't take strength.

The kudu was just lying there, and David Attenborough even points out that the spear throw really isn't necessary. The hunter could've easily just walked up and cut the kudu's throat.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

HC:

From Price's book:

Polynesians who subsisted on traditional diet:

Polynesians who ate imported food:

Comment

I have to agree with Drake. The only people who are interested in men being ripped are homosexuals. Although I tend to be naturally quite muscular, it is just part of my build. I'd rather be thinner and more athletic, personally.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Perhaps they should've imported equipment for dental care as well
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• The only people who are interested in men being ripped are homosexuals.

Yes. And Alby is clearly a homosexual.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It's true though...very, very few women I've met are interested in their men being like that. I try and keep myself in shape because I want to remain fit and healthy and I hate the sensation of being fat. I was very overweight and I have an aversion to being like that again.
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                          It's true though...very, very few women I've met are interested in their men being like that. I try and keep myself in shape because I want to remain fit and healthy and I hate the sensation of being fat. I was very overweight and I have an aversion to being like that again.
                          I know this, too well

Wymyn only like fat and skinny men for some bizarre reason. Oh, they think Brad Pitt or someone is attractive, but they don't want men like that for themselves.

Comment

• Well I don't think it is something most would object to, but I think that now that in order to achieve those kinds of shape that it has to be as a result of some narcissistic obsession, which is a huge turn off especially as this would exclude other things in their lives. And that is not attractive in a prospective partner. I think providing we keep ourselves in good shape and don't become obsessive, that is what is important.
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• The funny thing is though that when I see these kinds of people in the gym, they are absolutely **** at anything that requires athleticism...despite their appearance (I am no Adonis, but I am in good physical shape) they often have neither the strength nor cardiovascular fitness that I have. Which tells me that their appearance is nothing but superficial bulk, which is pointless to the extreme.
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• You two should stop worrying about how fit you are, but how fit she is (or he is in Albie's case).
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X