I Met The Kenobi Brothers Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Then why are you arguing with me? We believe the exact same thing. As for the code words, why do you think Mr. Fun makes it very clear to always use the word "bigot", "intolerant", etc. It is used as a code word to mean, "anyone who is opposed to homosexuality". By that definition, anyone who accepts homosexuality is "tolerant". This is why Mr Fun cannot and will not use either of those two words in reference to another gay person. Hence his use of "jerk".
    Not always, sometimes "bigot" has been a code word for "anyone who is opposed to equal rights for black people" or "anyone who is opposed to equal rights for people with disabilities" or "anyone who is opposed to equal rights for Catholics."

Comment

• How is it a "code word"? I'm not going to look, but what's the definition of bigot? I'm under the impression that it's pretty straight forward. I'm not saying Ben is a bigot, I'm disputing the statement.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Then why are you arguing with me? We believe the exact same thing. As for the code words, why do you think Mr. Fun makes it very clear to always use the word "bigot", "intolerant", etc. It is used as a code word to mean, "anyone who is opposed to homosexuality". By that definition, anyone who accepts homosexuality is "tolerant". This is why Mr Fun cannot and will not use either of those two words in reference to another gay person. Hence his use of "jerk".
        You act like such a dip****. There are gay people who are prejudiced and bigoted against people of other groups.

I can't believe I have to make such an obvious statement for you.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Yes you can. You can completely believe that with respect to Ben.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• There are gay people who are prejudiced and bigoted against people of other groups.
            Wow. I take my comment back. I was wrong about you, Mr. Fun.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I was wrong .

and these were word I never expected from you Ben Kenobi.
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                How is it a "code word"? I'm not going to look, but what's the definition of bigot? I'm under the impression that it's pretty straight forward. .
                err ditto. I don't see a code word-- I see a defined word which would be used by any group that preceives they face bigotry
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Wow. I take my comment back. I was wrong about you, Mr. Fun.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                  X