No announcement yet.

I Met The Kenobi Brothers Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just PMed Plomp to confirm you are David Floyd's DL so he can delete your account finally. For proof, he can verify you have the same IP address.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Oh, where did he say, "gay people can be prejudiced and bigoted?"

Look, we both know this is a futile effort.

Fun will never use the word bigoted and gay person in the same sentence. Ever.
        Ben this has probably been addressed but even your question is insulting. It presumes that gay people are somehow fundamentally different from other people with respect to emotions, viewpoints logic and reasoning. To repeatedly seem to require someone from a minority of any type to positively assert usual human characteristics is idiotic. As been said before, if he ever asserted the contrary, please quote it.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

C'mon, we all know 'bigot' is a code word.
          I didn't know that--- code for what?
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
            For the record, BK is currently crashing at my place for a couple of weeks.

And let the jokes begin....
            No jokes--just a different mix there.

Comment

• Ben this has probably been addressed but even your question is insulting. It presumes that gay people are somehow fundamentally different from other people with respect to emotions, viewpoints logic and reasoning. To repeatedly seem to require someone from a minority of any type to positively assert usual human characteristics is idiotic. As been said before, if he ever asserted the contrary, please quote it.
              I believe in the universal depravity of mankind. Asserting that gay people are intolerant isn't treating them differently from everyone else. It's acknowledging that they are no different. You believe that people are fundamentally good, which is where the conflict lies. You want to believe that people are naturally tolerant, but that is not the case.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• OH and Ben-- as to your desire to get back to some original topic

If you were actually getting married I would have congratulated you . If you are moving I would hope that goes well.

Comment

I believe in the universal depravity of mankind. Asserting that gay people are intolerant isn't treating them differently from everyone else. It's acknowledging that they are no different. You believe that people are fundamentally good, which is where the conflict lies. You want to believe that people are naturally tolerant, but that is not the case.
                  I believe no such thing.

I am simply stating my belief that if humanity generally is CAPABLE of certain feelings, viewpoints, prejudices then any given subset of humanity is also CAPABLE of them. repeatedly requesting that someone state that makes you look like an idiot

Comment

• I am simply stating my belief that if humanity generally is CAPABLE of certain feelings, viewpoints, prejudices then any given subset of humanity is also CAPABLE of them. repeatedly requesting that someone state that makes you look like an idiot
                    Then why are you arguing with me? We believe the exact same thing. As for the code words, why do you think Mr. Fun makes it very clear to always use the word "bigot", "intolerant", etc. It is used as a code word to mean, "anyone who is opposed to homosexuality". By that definition, anyone who accepts homosexuality is "tolerant". This is why Mr Fun cannot and will not use either of those two words in reference to another gay person. Hence his use of "jerk".
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Then why are you arguing with me? ".
                      Because your repeated requests of someone to assert that "gay people" have characteristics that "people" have makes you look like an idiot

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      We believe the exact same thing. .
                      Rarely true but possibly on some minor things

As for the code words, why do you think Mr. Fun makes it very clear to always use the word "bigot", "intolerant", etc.
                      err because they are applicable to bigots ???

It is used as a code word to mean, "anyone who is opposed to homosexuality". By that definition, anyone who accepts homosexuality is "tolerant". ".
                      I wasn't aware of this supposed code. LOL. I am not quite sure what you mean by "opposed to homosexuality" or "accept homosexuality" either.

Comment

• It makes about as much sense as being opposed to deafness.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Did you inherit it from your mom or your dad?

Comment

• Neither, it's probably a recessive trait from the Catholic side of the family.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Thank God I have no Catholics in my immediate family.

Comment

• Most people say the same thing.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X