No announcement yet.

What is it with Catholic Priests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But yeah, act like Ben and just shrug it off. Don't care about the many victims
    Was there a point in all this? I was wondering if this **** had been going on lately as it had been in the early 2000s. Of course it is irresponsible and inexcusable.

Comment

• I'm still kind of giggling at how he can't seem to get anything dimensionally correct. Is he just incapable of doing algebra? Seems that way to me.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• This isn't dimensionally correct. HINT: L*C = u*e
        You're looking for a speed.
        Can you express angular velocity in just m/s
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I have no education in astronomy and don't pretend to know anything about it.

But it's 7.16/-13.76/2.42
          It's not an astronomy question. It's a math question.

Show your work please.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• So just say that you are not great at physics, that you once were but might be rusty. Giving wrong answers, and making mistakes on trivial things, and then insisting that you are right doesn't deserve respect.
            I don't regard nitpicking to be at all fair.

Read all the sentence and make sense of it: I couldn't care less about your actual level of physics prowess, but don't claim you are great unless you can prove it.
            Anyone can look up an answer in a book.

If I were doing this for real I'd have my physics textbooks in front of me and I wouldn't be trying to do this off the top of my head.

No, if you had said you didn't remember much about physics, and then attempted the problem, and when shown you were wrong ADMITTED so, then nothing of this would have happened. If you really can't tell that I'm trying to get you to see this, and think I enjoy this, too bad for you. And this isn't making me look good, believe me.
            The problem is that I wasn't wrong. The question had 4 parts, three of which were correct, and one which I had clearly misread the problem.

The second question assumed something that wasn't at all expressed in the problem, that there wasn't a fixed point. Once that was clarified I got the question correct.

The third question is correct.

So I want a fair assessment, rather then just going out and saying that "oh this is wrong, you know nothing".

Then I'd tell you to provide evidence or shut the **** up.
            Then you'd better shut the hell up.

Yes, I have. More than fair. And I've been ignoring you calling me names when you clearly haven't corresponded. How's that for fair?
            You don't see me making judgements about you, do you? I've said nothing about you at all, and yet you seem bound and determined to prove me wrong. To pick away at the little nit and ignore the forest for the trees.
            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 9, 2010, 18:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
              It's a classic strategy for BK... shift the discussion awary from yet another embarrassment to the RCC.
              As I recall, Ming, you used to close threads whenever the discussion went off topic. I suppose now the moderators have switched to a policy of let Ben run wild in a few threads, containing the craziness there.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Ben sucks at math, science, and life. FACT.

Yeah, tell that to my students

One has a 55 percent improvement not only on the material she failed at previously but on her new material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  It's not an astronomy question. It's a math question.

Show your work please.
                  I take it there's nothing wrong with my answer. You're moving the goalposts, as usual. And yes it is an astronomy question because declination and right ascension are astronomy concepts.

Comment

Yeah, tell that to my students

One has a 55 percent improvement not only on the material she failed at previously but on her new material.
                    All we have to go by is your posts. Judging by your performance on Apolyton the material is probably a joke.

Comment

Can you express angular velocity in just m/s
                      ROFL

dude, the answer is a speed.

I'm going to let the cat out of the bag on this one just so the non-physics people can see how much you fail.

THE ANSWER IS THE SPEED OF LIGHT. C. YOU ****ING MORON.

All you had to ****ing do was take the equations for the magnetic and electric fields and pick ANY ARBITRARY CURRENT and you end up with ****ing C. God you are so ****ing stupid.

And if you want to know the dimensional units, you can just do dimensional analysis on the form of the answer specified in the problem, specifically 1/sqrt(L*C).

Comment

• I've actually been blocking that whole conversation out. Failing to understand physics is nothing compared to the thread a few months back wherein he very strongly implied that probabilities add up (not multiply) and then pretended that was what he meant when I corrected him.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• oh lord

ben, how can you even be smart enough to BREATHE?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            then pretended that was what he meant when I corrected him.
                            been there
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• The hits just keep on coming...

Feds Accuse Beloved Ohio Priest of Hiding $1 Million

AOL News (July 15) -- Even the pope called him "Father Sam," as he was known to the thousands of alcoholics and drug addicts he helped at a rehab center in Akron, Ohio, over the past 40 years. But federal law enforcement officials say the Rev. Samuel Ciccolini has a secret stash of cash and have charged him with making over $1 million in bank deposits to avoid government reporting requirements and with filing a false tax return.

Ciccolini, 66, stepped down Wednesday as executive director of the Interval Brotherhood Home that he founded in 1970 near the rough South Akron neighborhood where he grew up. He was not available for comment, according to the Akron Beacon Journal.
                              Feds accused beloved Akron priest of hiding $1 million

Federal prosecutors say Ciccolini deposited $1,038,680 from April to June 2003, making 139 separate cash deposits at branch banks in the area. There was no indication where the money came from.

The rehab center received $4.1 million in financing this year, the Beacon Journal reported.

Father Sam has been a much beloved figure in the Akron community. In 2000, he received an audience with Pope John Paul II, who praised his work.

"Father Sam, God bless you," the pope said to the priest, according to Beacon Journal columnist Diane Evans. "You do the work of Christ."
                              Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL

Full story from the local Akron paper:
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X