Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rah
    replied
    If you want to catch Sickle Cell Anemia, the best vector to do so is by becoming black.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    9/11 had nothing to do with their religion.
    9/11 was Jihad against the infidels, pure and simple.

    There are corrupt catholics too. For instance , Hitler was a Catholic.
    Wow, except that he wasn't and that he killed Catholic priests when he got to power. His family may have been Catholic at some point, but he repudiated all of it.

    So you are saying all the AIDS cases in third world countries are all caused by gay men?
    I'm saying that half the AIDS cases in the US are from gay men.

    Thats funny since kids are born with it and, hmm, the men don't have the babies...This must mean women get it too, which means it occurs A LOT in straight couples. But of course, this is going to turn into something racial as soon as you read it and try to twist some ridiculous argument out of it.
    How does this do anything to counter my argument that if you want to catch AIDS, the best vector to do so is through homosexuality?

    Leave a comment:


  • rah
    replied
    That's been obvious to everyone here for years, (except to himself, of course)

    Leave a comment:


  • giblets
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    WTC, 9-11-2001. allahu akhbar
    This, among other things, is what make you a bigot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    WTC, 9-11-2001. allahu akhbar
    9/11 had nothing to do with their religion. It was corrupt people you ******. There are corrupt catholics too. For instance , Hitler was a Catholic.

    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    As for homosexuality, 50 percent of AIDS cases are from men having sex with other men. That's a fact. There is no better vector to get AIDS than homosexuality.
    So you are saying all the AIDS cases in third world countries are all caused by gay men? Thats funny since kids are born with it and, hmm, the men don't have the babies...This must mean women get it too, which means it occurs A LOT in straight couples. But of course, this is going to turn into something racial as soon as you read it and try to twist some ridiculous argument out of it.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrFun
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Hmm? Catholics have a crucifix where Christ is affixed to the cross. So we worship Christ.
    Not always. There are churches that simply have the cross without having any figure of Jesus Christ on it.


    EDIT: Okay, you were only talking about Catholic churches.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Dude, you are the one belonging to a religion that whorships wooden crosses...
    Hmm? Catholics have a crucifix where Christ is affixed to the cross. So we worship Christ.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Let's feed Ben poison and see if he really believes
    Do not put God to the test, yadda yadda yadda.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    He says he's an objectivist, but saying he doesn't agree with homosexuality doesn't make it fact that homosexuality is bad. It's completely subjective.
    As for homosexuality, 50 percent of AIDS cases are from men having sex with other men. That's a fact. There is no better vector to get AIDS than homosexuality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I want to see you PROVE Islam is wrong, Ben.
    WTC, 9-11-2001. allahu akhbar

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon Miller
    replied
    I think that is one of the central points Imran.

    JM

    Leave a comment:


  • Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I think Imran more felt love for the chick and less Agape.

    I hate to sound like that but I don't buy an atheist who already rejected what I frankly find to be a more reasonable religion (Islam), would go all Pentecostal Christian (I am aware he is non-denominational but he seemed to indicate the experience happened around Pentecostals. I apologize if I mis-interpreted).

    Again, I hate to sound like that because Imran clearly believes in his heart but it just doesn't sound right to me.
    I'm sure some people will think that. Frankly it doesn't bother me (well, it'd bother me somewhat after people really got to know me or saw me worship or something).

    The reason I found Charismatic Christianity appealing (as opposed to Pentecostalism, as, you've noted, I said I'm non-denominational) is because of its embrace of emotion and personal relationships to God rather than simply trying to sit down and logic God out. That's not the way to do it. While God has given us logic, you can't just use that to reach Him. You have to reach out with your emotions; you have to let go and allow Him to come into your heart. You have to experience Him. The logic and reason is how you can ground your faith into the Living Word, but you can't just rely on one and forget the other (it is also why I respect the Sufis in Islam over the regular Sunnis and Sh'ia).

    The problem is we try to fit a pre-modern Scripture into a modern context (most Christians try to do the same thing), where everything must be ordered and logical. The Word has far more emotion and mystical in it than how a lot of Christians and non-Christians tend see it (though props to the Orthodox Church, which has always embraced the mysticism of God).

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon Miller
    replied
    I am sorry.

    Often time can heal wounds.

    JM

    Leave a comment:


  • Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    And so sorry to hear about your parents. How long has it been since you've talked to them?
    You want to know when they brought this up? May 31. The day AFTER my 30th birthday. Great birthday present Mom & Dad. That was the last time I spoke to them, but they were pretty final about their opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darius871
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
    What you are describing is a problem with women not Christians.
    This.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X