Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christianity ruins families.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al B. Sure!
    replied
    I want to see you PROVE Islam is wrong, Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I have already seen you derail another thread into this, so I already know where you stand on it.
    All I'm saying is that those three moral statements:

    Islam is wrong
    Homosexuality is wrong
    Killing people and harvesting their organs is wrong,

    are all objectively true.

    You are left with two arguments.

    1, we cannot know truth at all

    Which makes your statement about bigotry laughable.

    2, truth is the same thing for everyone

    Which again means that there is no bigotry by definition.

    Or 3,

    What I believe is objectively true for everyone. Which is the mirror of my position.

    Our disagreement isn't over what is true and what is not, you believe that homosexuality is good and I believe that it is bad. You believe I should accept what you believe just as I believe you should accept mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    Again with the fail attempts at interpreting people's statements. You know what I mean, and I'm not biting for your attempt at another morals discussion. I have already seen you derail another thread into this, so I already know where you stand on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So using an argument like 2+2=4 does not even relate to this.
    So your argument is that only truth proven by empirical means is true?

    How about the statement, "Killing people and harvesting their organs is bad?"

    Is that true or not?

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    Facts are facts yes. You again are creating something completely retarded as an argument. These are two completely different subjects. There is no scientific research proving any religion wrong. As long as people believe it's there then it's there. And I know you are going to make something up about this part. Unfortunately that's how faith works. There is no scientific research proving Gay Marriage to be wrong. People believe it's wrong because it's not something they agree with. So using an argument like 2+2=4 does not even relate to this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    But the fact you are completely close minded about everything is what makes you a bigot. Things like gay marriage and other religions etc that have nothing to do with you whatsoever and don't affect you in any possible way, yet you still have a need to say it's completely wrong and people are bad
    Why does it matter if something affects me or not? I'm not a subjectivist. I'm an objectivist. Truth is truth, regardless of what we would prefer.

    Does it hurt someone's feelings to tell them that 2+2 is 4 and not 5?

    Is it a virtue to be 'open minded' about the value of 2+2?

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    No I don't agree with you. Doesn't mean I can disregard your beliefs and say they are wrong. You can believe whatever you want it doesn't affect me, But the fact you are completely close minded about everything is what makes you a bigot. Things like gay marriage and other religions etc that have nothing to do with you whatsoever and don't affect you in any possible way, yet you still have a need to say it's completely wrong and people are bad etc etc. You are a complete *******.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Where did I say your opinion was wrong?
    You are a bigot because you openly tell people they are wrong with their beliefs and yours are right
    Interesting. Are you saying that by calling me a bigot that you find my arguments distasteful but correct at the same time?

    Wake up there Ben, you are a lone ranger in almost every argument you make, but yet you still think that you are the only one who is right. Pure stupid.
    So the majority is inevitably correct? This, btw is a perfectly logical preposition. If I am the only one defending a concept, it is equally logical to say that I am wrong and everyone else is right, or that everyone else is wrong and I am right.

    You cannot, just by counting heads, determine whether something is or is not true.

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    Do you need me to post the definition again for you? Where did I say your opinion was wrong? By just disagreeing with it does not make me a bigot. You are a bigot because you openly tell people they are wrong with their beliefs and yours are right, and you defend yours no matter how absurd they are. You make conclusions about other people's arguments, based on nothing but your fail attempts at interpreting what people say by taking pieces of their statements completely out of context, and automatically turn it into something it's not. For instance with this particular topic, you have successfully derailed it, and I know it's not the first time. Wake up there Ben, you are a lone ranger in almost every argument you make, but yet you still think that you are the only one who is right. Pure stupid.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    that is completely different from what anyone has said
    This is an interesting argument.

    If you happen to hold an opinion to which no one else shares, you are a bigot. Presumably arguing for racial equality on a Nazi forum, the efficiency of capitalism on a communist forum, and the benefits of Christianity on Apolyton makes you a bigot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Openly bashing them and creating an argument that is completely different from what anyone has said? You have serious mental issues sir. and by saying you enjoy it, pretty much admits you are a troll ffs.
    I enjoy debate and discussion.

    You see, this is how the process works.

    1. I express an opinion.

    2. You disagree with the opinion

    Now follow carefully.

    You proceed from step two to trigger, "this opinion is inflammatory".

    You then proceed, "any opinion to which I find inflammatory is intolerant"

    You then proceed, "intolerance cannot be tolerated".

    Then you post a bigotted statement like the above. This is the cycle of bigotry. You need to break it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    Openly bashing them and creating an argument that is completely different from what anyone has said? You have serious mental issues sir. and by saying you enjoy it, pretty much admits you are a troll ffs.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Unlike you with other religions and saying they are wrong.
    I am allowed to have an opinion.
    How do you make sense of these two prepositions. I believe that Islam is wrong. That doesn't make me a bigot.

    I don't have to try to prove everyone else's wrong in order to sleep at night either.
    You presume that I don't derive enjoyment from this process.

    Leave a comment:


  • Princess Peach
    replied
    I don't reject Catholics, I reject you. As I may not agree with the religion, I don't bash it. Unlike you with other religions and saying they are wrong. I am allowed to have an opinion. I don't have to try to prove everyone else's wrong in order to sleep at night either. You also quoted one piece of the definition, disregarding the rest. It's not MY definition. I provided you links to where I got it. So nice try.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective
    Your whole definition is subjective.

    I could just as easily label you a bigot because you hate Catholics, are persistant in your own opinion, and reject all opinions to the contrary.

    You show animosity to Christians.

    So please show me why you aren't a bigot.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X