No announcement yet.

$1.2 Billion for bike paths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yours is false for the average commuter-- obviously, objectively false.
    I wasn't defending that.

Take an average commuter and he will bike faster then he runs. I was just making the argument that for a good runner against a poor biker, they would make the difference, at least at 5k, negligible.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      I'm not arguing with you, and it's one reason I don't run much anymore. Knees.
      So TJ's supposedly superior method of commuting to work has left him with permanent physical damage...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

This should be a Kenny vs Spenny episode.

Why don't we make it fair. I bike 5k, you run 5k, and we see who has the better time.

I'll even be fair and do a 5k portion of my commute. Deal? HWY 16W from Ferry Ave to Irene Road. Exactly 5k on google maps.
        Sorry Ben -- running is too slow-- I don't want to get up early to come to work
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I wasn't defending that.

Take an average commuter and he will bike faster then he runs.
          So you were wrong in saying running is faster than biking. Come on ben you know you want to say it !!!

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          I was just making the argument that for a good runner against a poor biker, they would make the difference, at least at 5k, negligible.
          Irrelevant -- A runner is faster than a car if you get a short enough distance and a crappy enough car. Make the car totally crappy and the runner could win at longer distances.

AS we talked about before-- Elite runners can do 10km in 30 minutes (world class type runners)-- Thats 20 km an hour--On the bike trails thats about the rate of the homeless guy with 3 shopping bags of recycling hanging from his handlebars
          Last edited by Flubber; June 21, 2010, 18:23.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• So TJ's supposedly superior method of commuting to work has left him with permanent physical damage
            I thought I made it clear that I used a bus to commute when I lacked a vehicle.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              Ben, give it up.

Huh?

Ben's just being Ben.

It's the people "debating" him that you need to wonder about. Ben is the Energizer Bunny of stupid. Anyone thinking they can wear him out is the confusing part to me.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                Ben oh Ben ???? I want to see you write the words where you unequivocally conceded you were wrong. Can you do that??

He's just about to. Give him another 5 pages.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  Huh?

Ben's just being Ben.

It's the people "debating" him that you need to wonder about. Ben is the Energizer Bunny of stupid. Anyone thinking they can wear him out is the confusing part to me.

I was bored-- sue me-- I am curious if he actually can ever admit he was wrong-- clearly and unequivocally-- he probably won'r -- not even in a case like this where he is clearly and objectively been shown to be wrong.

He has actually admitted all the major premises involved in him being wrong but that said he will not say the words. He keeps trying to change the argument LOL-- Sorry but it amuses me today

This reminds me of when he stated I was an Oilers fan and then it was my fault since I didn't know Garth V was a Flames fan ( despite me never saying anything about GV's affiliation)

Comment

• Oh well time to get ready-- do one last work thing and then start my commute LOL-- and they are such lovely bike trails

I hope some of ben's tax dollars went to pay for them-- I will think of ben as I am passing all those runners (I have to keep ringing my darn bell so they know I am coming-- otherwise you go past them so darn fast

Comment

• I was bored
                      Same here. I don't know why wezil et al are taking this argument so seriously. It's a way to pass an afternoon. At least Flubber is enjoying himself.

Comment

• I hope some of ben's tax dollars went to pay for them-- I will think of ben as I am passing all those runners (I have to keep ringing my darn bell so they know I am coming-- otherwise you go past them so darn fast
                        Hopefully none of them have a stick. Stick + Spoke = hilarity.

I'll be thinking of you when I drive past and honk my horn.

Comment

Hopefully none of them have a stick. Stick + Spoke = hilarity.
                          Actually Stick plus spoke = felony

Take care-- see ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Huh?

Ben's just being Ben.

I actually find it good practice for dealing with my children.

With cookie crumbs all over their shirt and a chocolate chip stain on their teeth, they can look you in the eye and deny eating a cookie. They try to turn the focus on whether some adult authorized a cookie or on who else had a cookie or might have been giving out cookies. All of this tacitly admits the having of a cookie but yet they can remain steadfast in their denial. Thats Ben--

Oh and its really better practice for talking to my 3 year old-- my 7 year old can get quite clever in his debating.

Comment

• "Who's the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Comment

"Who's the fool, the fool, or the fool who follows argues with him?"

Fixed

Comment

Working...
                                X