X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You might want to reread that KH.

Care to DanS?
    No, you ****ing idiot. "Over"="for a distance of" in this context. ****.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
      Good work Flubber. You've got Ben pinned down. I'm sure his retraction is forthcoming.
      Ya I'll believe that when I see it

Instead he will probably claim that most commutes involve going up or down large staircases with no adjacent ground which a bike can traverse
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Time well spent then?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• For reference, IIRC the record for the 5k is 12:38 (track). That is slightly under 24km/h

That's easily attainable for even inexperienced riders.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• dp
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Maybe Flubber can ride for us and give us his times for the 5k and the 10k.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Maybe you can try chasing down a cyclist and tell us how that works out for you.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So you'd have me believe that you are only 3 minutes behind the world record? Doubtful. Time yourself over 10k, I'd be interested to see how close you come to my 48 minutes.
                  HUH?? I said world class runners do it in 27 minutes. So I said a local elite type might be 30 minutes for 10km which is 20km/hr pace

OH and my 19km commute? In 48 minutes I

1. ride the ride
                  2. buy a muffin
                  and probably hit minute 48 sometime during or after my shower

Did I forget to mention that kick ass big hill I come down every morning ?? -- Its a ***** to climb in the evening but going to work is pretty fast
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Maybe you can try chasing down a cyclist and tell us how that works out for you.
                    Done it. Certainly not a good cyclist, but I have.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I said world class runners do it in 27 minutes. So I said a local elite type might be 30 minutes for 10km which is 20km/hr pace
                      You have a strange definition of a 'local elite runner'. 40 minutes would be closer for here. Maybe in Vancouver or a big city you'd get close to 30, but not up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                        For reference, IIRC the record for the 5k is 12:38 (track). That is slightly under 24km/h

That's easily attainable for even inexperienced riders.
                        Yup-- A flat track?? you could keep up that speed for hours and hours

Comment

• Ben, give it up.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You have a strange definition of a 'local elite runner'. 40 minutes would be closer for here. Maybe in Vancouver or a big city you'd get close to 30, but not up here.
                            So you are now arguing with me that runners are even slower!!

sheesh I was trying to give you the benefit of the best possible runners speeds just to show how ludicrous your claim was.

So fine-- Runners are even slower than I posted-- satisfied !!!

Comment

• So fine-- Runners are even slower than I posted-- satisfied !!!
                              Bike and time yourself roundtrip.

Then I'll be happy to concede I was wrong.

Comment

Maybe Flubber can ride for us and give us his times for the 5k and the 10k.
                                I did 27.5k yesterday. I don't have split times but I did the first half in 38 minutes and the whole ride took 78 minutes. So lets say 12 and 25 minutes for the 5k and the 10k.

Now my bike only cost $150 10 years ago so it's not your $500 example when I get my new bike I am sure I'll be able to do better

Also it was a leisure ride down by the river so I wasn't trying to go fast or anything.
                                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                                X