$1.2 Billion for bike paths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Take any person at any given fitness level and they will bike a commute faster than they will run it.

Deal. I'll run 5k and then bike 5k and post my times.
    You're acting like a douche, Ben. Just admit you're wrong so we can move on.

Pride is a sin
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Oh and Ben, because I have a feeling you're going to discount the effect of over-use injuries... I can guarantee you that if you run 2x 5K-10K (round trip) 5 days a week, you're going to develop problems unless you have bones like Wolverine. 100K a week! Who ever does that much volume? That's like 62 miles a week!
      I used to run 3x 5k a week, plus the meet, so around 4x 5k a week, plus soccer on the off days. Pretty sure I tallied close to 5k everyday for about 3 years.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Take any person at any given fitness level and they will bike a commute faster than they will run it.

Deal. I'll run 5k and then bike 5k and post my times.

What an insufferable dick!
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I used to run 3x 10k a week, plus the meet, so around 4x 10k a week, plus soccer on the off days. Pretty sure I tallied close to 5k everyday for about 3 years.
          Did I say 5K a day? The hypothetical commute we've been talking about is 5K-10K... but a round trip will be twice that a day. Try 10K-20K a day.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You're acting like a douche, Ben. Just admit you're wrong so we can move on.
            Flubber claimed that anyone, no matter the fitness level would bike 5k faster than they would run.

I'm willing to do 10k of exercise to disprove him.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Nobody runs my commute-- There are people that drive partway and then run from there

Ben oh Ben ???? I want to see you write the words where you unequivocally conceded you were wrong. Can you do that??
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Ben:

I don't care to see you bike at a snail's pace and come up here claiming that you ran a 48 minute 10K (which is NOT that fast) but it took you two hours on the bike!

Comment

• The hypothetical commute we've been talking about is 5K-10K... but a round trip will be twice that a day. Try 10K-20K a day.
                  You've been talking about 10k. I've been talking about 5k.

Don't know. It's hard, but it would be doable in a better climate than here.

Comment

• I don't care to see you bike at a snail's pace and come up here claiming that you ran a 48 minute 10K (which is NOT that fast) but it took you two hours on the bike!
                    Perhaps Flubber should revise his statement.

I was also thinking I could find a 500 pound man, get him to walk 5k in 5 hours and then watch him crush a bike. Gameover.

Comment

• What a pedantic ****!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Flubber claimed that anyone, no matter the fitness level would bike 5k faster than they would run.

I'm willing to do 10k of exercise to disprove him.
                        Proves nothing since you won't bike as hard as you will run-- you will then claim your half assed effort proves something.

But go ahead-- I'll be curious how you will claim to have travelled less than 25km/hr over such a short distance on a bike. Will you pick a route with a stop light every 50 feet? Will you 'commute" to a mountain top ? Will you get a malfunctioning bike? Stay tuned.
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I'll be curious how you will claim to have travelled less than 25km/hr over such a short distance on a bike. Will you pick a route with a stop light every 50 feet? Will you 'commute" to a mountain top ? Will you get a malfunctioning bike? Stay tuned.
                          This should be a Kenny vs Spenny episode.

Why don't we make it fair. I bike 5k, you run 5k, and we see who has the better time.

I'll even be fair and do a 5k portion of my commute. Deal? HWY 16W from Ferry Ave to Irene Road. Exactly 5k on google maps.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 21, 2010, 17:43.

Comment

• Ben:

Climate? I'm not talking about how you'd feel doing it... I'm talking about physical damage to your legs... more volume the more prone you will be to over-use injuries. As a persistent sufferer of shin splints and someone who developed stress fractures in both tibiae, I can't imagine that much volume.

Comment

• Climate? I'm not talking about how you'd feel doing it... I'm talking about physical damage to your legs... more volume the more prone you will be to over-use injuries. As a persistent sufferer of shin splints and someone who developed stress fractures in both tibiae, I can't imagine that much volume
                              I'm not arguing with you, and it's one reason I don't run much anymore. Knees.

Comment

Perhaps Flubber should revise his statement.

I was also thinking I could find a 500 pound man, get him to walk 5k in 5 hours and then watch him crush a bike. Gameover.
                                Nope but I notice you have stopped defending yours. Yours is false for the average commuter-- obviously, objectively false.

My statement-- pardon me if I forget to write a page long qualifier that would state that for example legless people may not cycle faster. Also the blind -- the crashes are tough and its difficult to use your cane although a dog could tow them at greater speed - also any other person that is incapable of making a pedealling motion with their leg. I also assume no nerological deficet which renders people incapable of riding etc etc-- But all thats obvious crap

But a 500lb guy-- If we get him on a suitable bike he would be faster-- Ben is missing the fact that every cyclist always has the option to push the bike. -- The 500lb could do that and glide down the downhills and still win LOL
                                Last edited by Flubber; June 21, 2010, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X