No announcement yet.

$1.2 Billion for bike paths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can your average 80 year old woman run 5k? Oh of course, there are only young fit people in the world.
    All the 80 year old ladies I know either have a car (one grannie), or they walk to their destination (my other grannie).

It's called walking. You might have heard of it.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      This is what pisses me off about motorists: the fact that they think they literally own the road!
      They own more of it than cyclists. Look at how much more they contribute towards infrastructure with registration fees (hell, I have to pay to register my car every year with both the city AND the province) and gasoline taxes.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I would've taken you for a bike rider, Ben... For some reason, religious people and oddly enough homosexuals both strike me as more likely to be bike riders.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          All the 80 year old ladies I know either have a car (one grannie), or they walk to their destination (my other grannie).

It's called walking. You might have heard of it.
          Great sample size.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• What if the grannie has a walker?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Or a Segway.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

As for bike lanes, I don't ask you to pay for my gas, don't ask me to pay for your bike lanes. Deal?
                False analogy- paying for a drivers gas is most like paying for a cyclists food (ie fuel)
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Both my grannies are dead. Love to see them walk 5k.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• But they probably don't need a bus either. Stop supporting Ben's troll!
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                      Both my grannies are dead. Love to see them walk 5k.
                      Mine too.

Really insensitive by Ben to rub in the fact that my grandmas are dead.

Comment

• False analogy- paying for a drivers gas is most like paying for a cyclists food (ie fuel)
                        So you are arguing that cyclists should fund their own bike paths through cyclist registration fees and cycle taxes? Deal.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I would've taken you for a bike rider, Ben... For some reason, religious people and oddly enough homosexuals both strike me as more likely to be bike riders.
                          6 months of snow. -20 temps for 4 months of the year. Cars are a godsend. I've been without one for 10 years, and with one for a year. Wouldn't give mine up for anything, and I'd be a hypocrite if I supported bike lanes to assuage my guilt over making a sensible decision to drive.

Technically I'm still one of the granola eaters, as few folks have longer experience with public transit than with private transportation..

Comment

• Both my grannies are dead. Love to see them walk 5k.
                            I suppose they enjoy their bus rides too.

Comment

• Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

So you are arguing that cyclists should fund their own bike paths through cyclist registration fees and cycle taxes? Deal.
                                Ben this is as accurate as your portrayal of me as an Oilers fan.

Are you or anyone really trying to assert that car registration fees comes anywhere close to the cost of maintaining the road networks and all the car-traffic related costs. I doubt that but would love to be proven wrong
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X