No announcement yet.

Video on how to get a woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What difference does it make if my concius self is not aware of the true aims of the entire system known as Heraclitus?

'Cause that's not your goal! You haven't decided to treat people like pawns in a game. You just act like a normal person and in the end attempt to get a relationship. The difference between consciously and subconsciously engaging in "game-like" behavior (seriously, "social circle game"?! WTF?) is that in one you treat people as deserving of equal dignity and in the other people are treated as objects.

It's a massive difference and it matters.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
      What difference does it make if my concius self is not aware of the true aims of the entire system known as Heraclitus?

'Cause that's not your goal! You haven't decided to treat people like pawns in a game. You just act like a normal person and in the end attempt to get a relationship. The difference between consciously and subconsciously engaging in "game-like" behavior (seriously, "social circle game"?! WTF?) is that in one you treat people as deserving of equal dignity and in the other people are treated as objects.

It's a massive difference and it matters.
      Where does the delusion that recognizing you are playing a game entalis treating other players as pawns instead of other players?

Why should personal relations be free of the same scrutiny we apply to all the other bloody times we analyze other people? Are you saying lives and happines are not at stake then? Are you saying that human dignity or respect are not at stake then?

What is then pray tell the art of war? What is then the art of statecraft? What have you then to say of Niccolo Machiavelli or Sun Tzu? Where they psychopaths in your opinion?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
        Where does the delusion that recognizing you are playing a game entalis treating other players as pawns instead of other players?
        In games you don't try to manipulate other players into doing what is advantageous to yourself? If so, I'd like to play some multiplayer computer games against you!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

What is then pray tell the art of war? What is then the art of statecraft? What have you then to say of Niccolo Machiavelli or Sun Tzu? Where they psychopaths in your opinion?
          So you treat individuals the same as nation-states? That explains quite a bit.

Comment

In politics you don't try to manipulate other players into doing what is advantageous to yourself? If so, I have a proposal to make to you!
            Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            In buisness you don't try to manipulate other players into doing what is advantageous to yourself? If so, I have a bridge to sell you!
            In a battle for survival you don't try to manipulate other players into doing what is advantageous to yourself? If so I think I'll chose you as my oponent in Ming's arena of death!
            In family matters you don't try to manipulate other players into doing what is advantageous to family?If so thanks for the scholarship my kid got instead of yours!

You see your real problem isn't that someone is studying things. Your real problem is that the have nots can do something about their lot in life if they are honest to themselves and have a bit of brains.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• You mean if they act like douchebags that deny the inherant equality of all people and treat them as players in a game (I'll use your words instead of "pawns")? Treating life as a game is one of the reasons we have so many problems in this world, instead of loving each other as we would ourselves.

Comment

So you treat individuals the same as nation-states? That explains quite a bit.
                A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.- Joseph Stalin

Do you agree with the above then? Why is someone making a pragmatic decision about the lives of thousands more unethical than someone making a pragmatic decision about one person? Isn't a man like Pol pot a greater evil than someone who kills his wife? Isn't a man who decides to impose economic santctions on a country of millions to further his objectives doing more harm than a man who decides to be rude to a stranger to further his objectives?

Homo homini lupus. All is fair in art and war. A million shuch mems and proverbs exist yet you stand there in a high tower of indignation claiming that somehow magically you are exempt from the fallen state of man because you decide to close your eyes from it?

I hate rationalizations.

Comment

You mean if they act like douchebags that deny the inherant equality of all people and treat them as players in a game (I'll use your words instead of "pawns")? Treating life as a game is one of the reasons we have so many problems in this world, instead of loving each other as we would ourselves.
                  Sigh. How can you be so shortsighted?

Do you know of game theory? If not do you at least understand intiutivley what things like equilibriums are (a hint for example is the concept of MAD). Statistically if people adopt subpotimal strategies they will be crouded out by players who adpot optimal strategies. Its a selection procces dammit!

Even if everyone loved each other as they loved themselves and the incentives where against them they would be overrun in a very short time (a few generations for the right mutations to build, or the memplexes that enable this to decay) by people who didn't love each other as much as they love themselves!

We need to be honest about our true intentions and true reasons behind actions. Only with such honesty can we ever hope to properly diagnose how to change the incentives so that they favour a world where something like inherent equality may truly be respected.

To quote the Robin Hood flick "Rise and rise again untill sheep becoem lions". Sheep must learn how to become lions so they can change the world so that lions will need to learn how to be sheep.

Comment

I hate rationalizations.
                    That is exactly what you are doing.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Imran, Hera's problem isn't just that he treats women like objects. The problem is that he is simply a loser who scares away women. Only through tricks and games can he get women. In order to preserve his fragile ego (He actually thinks he posts intelligent statements on these forums), he tries to rationalize that everyone plays these games. Thus, he convinces himself that he is just like everyone else. It's too painfully obvious.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.- Joseph Stalin

Do you agree with the above then?
                        Usually that quote is something that is decried rather than celebrated. People shake their heads at it and think it is symptomatic of what is wrong with the world rather than celebrate it. The idea is that each of the million deaths should be mourned for in each case, a person of equal dignity was taken out of the world. Each death is something to be sad about.

Comment

Usually that quote is something that is decried rather than celebrated. People shake their heads at it and think it is symptomatic of what is wrong with the world rather than celebrate it.
                          Did you read my later posts?

Only a good map of the territory will get you where you want to go. Drawing your destination with crayons right next to where you are at won't make your journey any easier. Not drawing your destination in where you would like it to be however dosen't mean you've given up on reaching your destination.

I do not celebrate ugly truths, I recongize them in the hopes of changing them.

Comment

Even if everyone loved each other as they loved themselves and the incentives where against them they would be overrun in a very short time (a few generations for the right mutations to build, or the memplexes that enable this to decay) by people who didn't love each other as much as they love themselves!
                            And that's the problem. We must, in your words, devalue ourselves because others are doing so. Just because others are in the muck doesn't mean I have to be in there as well. I prefer to hold myself higher and have better intentions than those who are constantly seeing life as a game to be won or lost. It is those people I feel most sorry for, because they are never truly happy, but always playing their little game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Imran, Hera's problem isn't just that he treats women like objects. The problem is that he is simply a loser who scares away women. Only through tricks and games can he get women. In order to preserve his fragile ego (He actually thinks he posts intelligent statements on these forums), he tries to rationalize that everyone plays these games. Thus, he convinces himself that he is just like everyone else. It's too painfully obvious.
                              Ad hominen is the best you can do? Poor poor dim DaShi.

Comment

• Is it really ad hominem if it appears to be close to the truth?

Comment

Working...
                                X