Rand Paul, Racism and 1965 Civil Rights Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    In short, libertarianism is just retarded in real life.
    FACT
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's overly idealistic.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Can someone name a political theory that does work (without tinkering)?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Stalinism

Comment

Rand Paul supports current Federal drug laws and is for anti-abortion measures. Why does every libertarian end up supporting something that is patently not part of the 'small government' ideology.

Just look at Pedotard the self described libertarian who advocates nation building Iran and an interventionist foreign policy.

Comment

Plus he supports big government when the issue is disgusting drawings.

Comment

Just as Ben doesn't represent all catholics, Eco (or RP) doesn't represent all libertarians.

As a libertarian (opposed to drug laws and foreign invasions) I share your concerns however. I compare it to "free speech" advocates that are only really interested in free speech they agree with.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                  Rand Paul supports current Federal drug laws and is for anti-abortion measures. Why does every libertarian end up supporting something that is patently not part of the 'small government' ideology.

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  As a libertarian (opposed to drug laws and foreign invasions) I share your concerns however. I compare it to "free speech" advocates that are only really interested in free speech they agree with.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

No, he's not a racist.

He's just a fervent pro-big business ideologue. Here are a pair of quotes from his appearance on GMA this morning:

Regarding BP:

What I don’t like from the president’s administration is this sort of, “I’ll put my boot heel on the throat of BP.” I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business. And I think it’s part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it’s always got to be somebody’s fault instead of the fact that maybe sometimes accidents happen.

Regarding the West Virginia mine disaster:

We had a mining accident that was very tragic. … Then we come in and it’s always someone’s fault. Maybe sometimes accidents happen.

Read more at Wonkette: http://wonkette.com/415576/rand-paul...#ixzz0oaS5WfH3
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Guy - It is also reflective of another problem with many libertarians in that they want freedom but won't accept the corresponding responsibility.

Comment

BTW the Civil Rights Act was in 1964 and not 1965. The title got it wrong.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, I realized my mistake after I made the thread title (smacks forehead).

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            No thanks. Not interested in people who want to sacrifice human rights or civil rights just to abide by strict, unreasonable principles.

Comment

The civil rights act may have been well intended, but it's been a cluster**** in terms of bringing prosperity to black people.

Black people are actually worse off since it's passage than they were before.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                                No thanks. Not interested in people who want to sacrifice human rights or civil rights just to abide by strict, unreasonable principles.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                The civil rights act may have been well intended, but it's been a cluster**** in terms of bringing prosperity to black people.

Black people are actually worse off since it's passage than they were before.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X