No announcement yet.

NATO in Moscow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• A full version with the English comments:

And now something what's really kickass. Ohuet! A record fireworks, it's a hell of show:

Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2010, 02:10.

Comment

• double post
        Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2010, 01:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by bc1871 View Post
          I'm amazed that a Canadian contingent didn't march in the parade
          Maybe they have been invited, but refused? We don't know.
          Or.
          Maybe it's because of the Soviet Army had never interacted with the Canadian military during the WW2? Soviets did interact with Americans, British, Poles and French, but not Canadians. I mean for us UK, USA, Poland and France were a bit closer than the rest of the allies.
          Anyhow, this parade was just a pilot series. I'm looking forward to see Canadians, Australians, Indians, South Africans, New Zealand's and te rest of the Allies at the 70th anniversary of the victory.

edited: and China too, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
            Ah, parades. I get off on them.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
              Maybe they have been invited, but refused? We don't know.
              Or.
              Maybe it's because of the Soviet Army had never interacted with the Canadian military during the WW2? Soviets did interact with Americans, British, Poles and French, but not Canadians. I mean for us UK, USA, Poland and France were a bit closer than the rest of the allies.
              Anyhow, this parade was just a pilot series. I'm looking forward to see Canadians, Australians, Indians, South Africans, New Zealand's and te rest of the Allies at the 70th anniversary of the victory.

They keep the killers away from the prey.

But seriously, the Canadians moved from Holland to Austria/Czechoslovakia for a time before shipping out, IIRC. Knowing the Canucks of the time they would have been willing to trade just about anything for most other things. However, they didn't stay a long while.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                Originally posted by Serb View Post
                Ah, parades. I get off on them.
                Smartass.
                Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2010, 00:58.

Comment

• By the way, can anyone identify this rifle or the uniform?

I'm pretty sure it's not Russian.
                  Is it German?
                  editd: On the second thought, considering the emblem on the beret, it's more like French or Italian. Can anyone, please, enlighten me on this?
                  Last edited by Serb; May 11, 2010, 04:16.

Comment

• The rifle looks like British L-96, but what about the uniform?

Comment

• Given the rest of it is black, I would assume a civilian SWAT type of organization.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• But it's not a Russian SWAT on the walls of Kremlin.

Comment

• Might be the Royalty Protection Division of London Metro's Special Branch. I have seen them standing duty with JTF-2 when members of the Royal Family visit Canada.
                          Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                          Please do not quote Asher.
                          He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Working...
                          X