No announcement yet.

NATO in Moscow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they look green though? Do you see them as green too?

Comment

Yes, I see them as green too.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
        You are welcome to join our common celebrations. But if NATO has any other ideas about different marches in Moscow, they should recall Hitler and the main lesson of WW2 - don't f*ck with Russia.
        Never would I do such a thing! I see our countries as natural allies, now that we have a common enemy anyway.

Its great to see your posts again Serb!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

ramseya...back in the 70's among the American forces the black beret used to be worn by the Armored Cavalry regiments on the border exclusively. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
            Its great to see your posts again Serb!
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Serb is one of my favorite posters here. Though I don't often agree with him I respect that he believes in something and is stubborn enough to fight alone in this place for what he believes in. Great guy.

Comment

[action=Hauldren Collider]cries[/action]
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

ramseya...back in the 70's among the American forces the black beret used to be worn by the Armored Cavalry regiments on the border exclusively. Hope that helps.
                  Well it still doesn't explain the green digital uniforms. The Army does not nor has ever had green digitals as far as I know.
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I was recently watching a PBS documentary on WW1 and I was very interested in Herbert Hoover's famine relief efforts in post war Europe, especially Germany and Russia. I wonder if it is remembered in Russia that during the period of 1919-1926 the US government operated over 3000 civilian famine relief stations in Russia providing all of them with money for staff, food to be distributed to the hungry, and doctors to provide free medical care. I know the communists made much propaganda about American soldiers sent to Russian ports to retake war material the Tsarist government ordered but never paid for before the revolution but the fact that the American government was feeding 2 million Russians a day seems to be forgotten.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Now I may be wrong, but if I'm not mistaken in the 70's when the whole beret craze swept through the US Army, tankers were wearing scarlet berets(at least in the case of Fort Knox).
                      Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                      Please do not quote Asher.
                      He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Hi AS, yes I agree with your point. Looking at the pic it seems to me like a green filter was used. Maybe something like that, I'm no photographer. Hmm, maybe not, who knows.

bc1871, I distinctly remember that the only ones allowed to wear a beret (in this case black) in the army outside of special forces were those of us in the Cav regiments on the border. I don't know when they removed that distinction but it must have been after '77.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

[action=Hauldren Collider]cries[/action]
                          Why? It's quite helpful that all the morons on the board appear to be self-identifying with each other...
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                            I was recently watching a PBS documentary on WW1 and I was very interested in Herbert Hoover's famine relief efforts in post war Europe, especially Germany and Russia. I wonder if it is remembered in Russia that during the period of 1919-1926 the US government operated over 3000 civilian famine relief stations in Russia providing all of them with money for staff, food to be distributed to the hungry, and doctors to provide free medical care. I know the communists made much propaganda about American soldiers sent to Russian ports to retake war material the Tsarist government ordered but never paid for before the revolution but the fact that the American government was feeding 2 million Russians a day seems to be forgotten.
                            Someone said something about gratitude once, can't remember. Something about gratitude being the least natural human trait but I don't recall the wise way it was put. The US gives away tons of stuff, money, food, whatever. Still hard to find a friend sometimes when the chips are out.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Why? It's quite helpful that all the morons on the board appear to be self-identifying with each other...
                              Krazy, I've thought the same thing many times.

Comment

I don't give a **** what you think, you creepy old man.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X