No announcement yet.

What is this plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks to be a member of the Bird of Paradise family.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
      I object to the use of "slowly" in the OP. "Completely" is better. Otherwise, plants are only good for making oxygen and being eaten by food.
      "being eaten by food" =! "being eaten for food"
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

My first guess is thats its a member of the bromeliad. Which means Rah was correct.

You should follow general rules for caring for pot plants. Water when the plant needs it. This means you should pick up the pot, if it is light there is little or no water in there so you should add some. Its better to underwater slightly than drown the plant. if the pot feels heavy or the soil feels wet then leave it for a few days. You can learn to tell how much water it needs by looking at the leaves.

Position in your house is important for pot plants. This plant likes lots of light but not always direct sun. Resist the urge to put it on a window sill as these places have the greatest temperature fluctuations in your house which can stress the plant. To acclimatize your plant to your house you should put it in a cool, draught-less corner for a week or so.

so many years here and only the 2nd gardening question Ive seen . You make me feel so special Lori If you want to know more then ask. I could, literally, talk about this all day. but i doubt anyone would want to listen
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
          "being eaten by food" =! "being eaten for food"
          That is correct, my food eats plants.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Definitely looks like a bromeliad. Tropical plant. Can ask Mrs Rabbit about care and feeding if you're too lazy to look it up.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Once again Poly to the rescue!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The girlfriend has confirmed that a bromeliad is what she was told the plant is. Apolyton to the rescue indeed. Thanks all!
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If you need grow lights, I got spares.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Lorizael? Have you killed it yet?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Has it killed you yet?

Comment

Has it said "Feed me Seymour, feed me now!" yet?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X