X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this plant?

From Untitled Album

And how do I make sure it doesn't die?

My girlfriend was given this thing by a coworker of hers but she has no idea what it is or what to do with it. So she's left it at my apartment because her landlord is kind of insane and probably wouldn't let her keep a plant, or because she's slowly taking over my life. You decide.

But before you decide that, please tell me what the **** this thing is and how much water it needs and so on.

Thank you. You may now continue your unmoderated forum posting.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Is it poisonous? Am I going to die? Tell me, doctor!
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sorry, just stunned to see you.

I haven't the faintest idea what the hell that thing is. It looks vaguely phallic; perhaps a trip to the morning erection thread would bring some ideas?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why can't she just ask the coworker?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Why can't she just ask the coworker?
            She did, but then she forgot what it was called. Additionally, she's at work and I'm at home diddling around on the internet.

Comment

It's a triffid.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I object to the use of "slowly" in the OP. "Completely" is better. Otherwise, plants are only good for making oxygen and being eaten by food.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

It looks like a pineapple. Or at least like the ones on my parent's back porch, but it's hard to tell due to the crappy resolution around the flower section.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A pineapple you say?

Comment

It looks a bit like the flower right before the pinapple starts forming. Each plant only produces a single one and it takes a while. They don't grow one every year.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You stick it up your bumhole.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

So much for your sig, after that remark.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe not
                            Attached Files
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Come on, we don't have any botanists in the house?

Comment

Working...
                              X