X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

classic Drake
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Do people still say tool?

Comment

Obama's approval rating hits a new low on Gallup's daily tracker, at 45/48...

Gallup tracked daily the percentage of Americans who approved or disapproved of the job Barack Obama was doing as president. Daily results were based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults; Margin of error is ±3 percentage points.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

There are plenty of conservative positions I support, such as gun ownership rights, courts being more fair to fathers, Afghanistan, supporting farmers, nuclear energy (which I supported before libs thought it was cool). I noticed you support gay rights. That's a lot of why I held off insulting you til the end there - btw, a little advice for debating: if you open and close with insults, you can't expect anyone to take your position seriously.
          With the exception of gun ownership these positions are not necessarily conservative what ever that means.

Fair to fathers, in what context? I presume many conservatives believe that mothers are the most important component to healthy child rearing. Fathers of children play a vital role as well thus anything that can be done to keep the family unit together is a positive. Systematically giving fathers additional rights to child access, possession may be enough of an incentive to allow marriages to end in divorce and not weather the rocky periods.

Afghanistan - If this is an indication of support of the Bush and Bush = Conservatism (not so much). Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld approach to Afghanistan was as light a foot print as possible rather than becoming slogged down in the internal politics of Afghanistan. The new direction was designed by the Bushies but agreed to by Obama admin and thus owned by Obama. To claim this a province of conservatives is innacurate. It merely is a point of overlapping agreement netiher conservative nor liberal.

Supporting farmers - Absolutely not. Conservatives of most stripes feel that set aside programs and governmental farm subsidies are anti-free market.

Nuclear Energy - In what regard? Allowing more? reducing regulations (fast tracking new plant creation)? Providing governmental subsidies to energy companies (see above)? Finding a place for rad waste? Allowing spent fuel reblending?

Cartooning "conservative" positions simply shows a lack of nuanced understanding.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post

Supporting farmers - Absolutely not. Conservatives of most stripes feel that set aside programs and governmental farm subsidies are anti-free market.
            The same subsidies fought so hardly for by a conservative administration? Is there any consistency to the conservativism in the US? Or does it change with each president?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              The same subsidies fought so hardly for by a conservative administration?
              Which conservative administration would that be?
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Really? Nixon.

"But oh no, Nixon wasn't conservative, and I'm an idiot."

Yes, you are.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd probably respond, Ogie, if I could see what you had written. But it was probably the same ill-informed, baseless trite you've always posted. So there's my response.
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Farm subsidies are pork, not ideological imperatives. Repubs and fiscally conservative dems support them when they are for their district.
                    Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

When I was growing up in Iowa and Wisconsin, they were a big part of the political debate, and even if it wasn't intensely partisan (at the time), they always seemed to be a part of the Republican platform.

But I guess this means you finally read what I wrote, Eco

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                        Obama's approval rating hits a new low on Gallup's daily tracker, at 45/48...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Ga...-Approval.aspx
                        The awakening.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Threadjacking

Comment

Polljacking.
                            Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

AP-GfK Poll: Obama slips, other Dems slide, too

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's national standing has slipped to a new low after his victory on the historic health care overhaul, even in the face of growing signs of economic revival, according to the latest Associated Press-GfK poll.

The survey shows the political terrain growing rockier for Obama and congressional Democrats heading into midterm elections, boosting Republican hopes for a return to power this fall.

Just 49 percent of people now approve of the job Obama's doing overall, and less than that — 44 percent — like the way he's handled health care and the economy. Last September, Obama hit a low of 50 percent in job approval before ticking a bit higher. His high-water mark as president was 67 percent in February of last year, just after he took office.

The news is worse for other Democrats. For the first time this year, about as many Americans approve of congressional Republicans as Democrats — 38 percent to 41 percent — and neither has an edge when it comes to the party voters want controlling Congress. Democrats also have lost their advantage on the economy; people now trust both parties equally on that, another first in 2010.

Roughly half want to fire their own congressman.

Adding to Democratic woes, people have grown increasingly opposed to the health care overhaul in the weeks since it became law; 50 percent now oppose it, the most negative measure all year. People also have a dim view of the economy though employers have begun to add jobs, including 162,000 in March. Just as many people rated the economy poor this month — 76 percent — as did last July.

And it could get worse for Democrats: One-third of those surveyed consider themselves tea party supporters, and three-quarters of those people are overwhelmingly Republicans or right-leaning independents. That means they are more likely to vote with the GOP in this fall's midterms, when energized base voters will be crucial amid the typical low turnout of a non-presidential election year.

With the electorate angry, Republicans enthusiastic and Democrats seemingly less so, Obama's party increasingly fears it could lose control of the House, if not the Senate, in his first midterms. The GOP, conversely, is emboldened as voters warm to its opposition to much of the president's agenda.

KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                                Polljacking.
                                Sounds fun

Comment

Working...
                                X