Democrats 57% 30
    Republicans 46% 42
    Independents 42% 44

Tea Party:
    36% 34
    Democrats 15% 51
    Republicans 62% 15
    Independents 35% 35
    Some numbers are not surprising. Independents are split on everything, as always - and Obama has a lot of work cut out for him if he wants to win in 2012.

What really stands out though is that almost half of Republicans have a favorable opinion of the IRS, and more have a favorable opinion than unfavorable. I don't think that would count most of you guys.

I wonder if this will change any of Fox's narrative that the entire country is a bunch of Tea Partiers rallying against taxes and the President? Nah, I don't wonder, of course it won't
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Democratic Party Image Drops to Record Low
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

TEF also didn't mention that the Fox News poll he linked to in the OP puts Obama's approval rating at a new low of 43%.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Why does this surprise you (@ the OP)?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Is that figure people liking, or trusting the IRS?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

IRS:
            49%

49% of Americans are ****ing morons.

Am I doing it right?

Comment

You do realize the Tea Party is like 4% behind Republicans and 6% Democrats. And that Mein Obama apparently got only 50%?
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                TEF also didn't mention that the Fox News poll he linked to in the OP puts Obama's approval rating at a new low of 43%.
                1.) This is about the IRS, not Obama.
                2.) There were 5 pages of polls that I didn't mention. THATS WHAT THE LINK IS FOR.
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                  Why does this surprise you (@ the OP)?
                  Great addition to the discussion, as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                    You do realize the Tea Party is like 4% behind Republicans and 6% Democrats. And that Mein Obama apparently got only 50%?
                    Your first sentence has no facts to back it up. Your second sentence, no ****. Why don't you actually READ my post before you comment. Like where I said "Obama has his work cut out for him if he wants to win in 2012"

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous View Post
                      Your first sentence has no facts to back it up. Your second sentence, no ****. Why don't you actually READ my post before you comment. Like where I said "Obama has his work cut out for him if he wants to win in 2012"
                      Barack Obama 50%
                      The Internal Revenue Service 49%
                      The Democratic Party 42%
                      The Republican Party 40%
                      The Tea Party Movement 36%
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Ah, I misread your post. Thought you said that 4% of dems and 6% of repubs were PART of the Tea Party. I apologize.

Again, this isn't about the other parties, or Obama. This is about Fox News, the Tea Party loving, IRS hating entertainment channel, destroying their own narrative with their own poll.

Comment

Every news source in the US (or world, as if they care about Obama's domestic approval) has run this story headlined: "Obama approval hits new low". But not Fabulous. He has a different take on it. Something about tea bagging.

Seriously, did someone expect tea bagging to be more popular than Obama?

How bizarre.

This is about Fox News, the Tea Party loving,
                          (x-post) Ok, I'm right.

IRS hating entertainment channel
                          I don't watch TV, but I read Fox and CNN online. I've no idea where this comes from. Does Fox support HR25? I don't think so.
                          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                            Every news source in the US (or world, as if they care about Obama's domestic approval) has run this story headlined: "Obama approval hits new low". But not Fabulous. He has a different take on it. Something about tea bagging.

All the left wing blogs are running this as an anti-TP story, Kos, Think Soros, etc.

Comment

Ok, you caught me. I didn't check them all, especially fringie sites. Left wing blogs count as news sites? I could see The Daily being a "news site", but Soros.com? C'mon.

Anyway. How is 36% bad for the TP? Let's see what the Greens or Libers get. Seriously, when you are getting EIGHT (8) times the election percent mustered by the largest US third party... how is that bad?

I really doubt that anyone has ever claimed that the TP is more popular than the democratic party. Unless you have someone at Fox claiming that, this debate is BS. Even if you could find someone at Fox making such a claim... it would only prove that said person has said something stupid - this would not be a surprise to anyone. As the case stands, Fabulous just made it up. Talk about inventing news! hah. Nobody contradicted themselves... Fabulous just invented a false premise to create a distraction from plummeting approval ratings; or, he's a mouthpiece for those doing so.
                              Last edited by Ecofarm; April 9, 2010, 12:36.
                              Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Working...
                              X