Price controls working, Yay Pay Czar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price controls working, Yay Pay Czar!

Pay Czar Kenneth Feinberg reported on NewsHour that 85% of the executives that recieved pay cuts still remain on the job.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

supply and demand
    Monkey!!!

Comment

When the defenders of big bonuses said the execs would all leave without their massive bonuses lots of people pointed out there is 10% unemployment and where the hell are they going to go? Plus there is the fact that if they're so good and talented then why did the company get crashed into the ground? Besides most of these men have egos the size of houses so they'll accept not getting massive bonuses if it means they can stay in charge and stroking those egos.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
        supply and demand
        It's a scam.

Comment

It guess the most talented 15% of the executives left for better jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            It guess the most talented 15% of the executives left for better jobs.
            Don't you mean higher paying jobs? Good luck to them. It's no loss to us.

Comment

I think we should cut everyone's pay since pay controls work so well for some, they would work better for all.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

That's because you're a fascist.

Comment

So where's your line Kid?

Paycuts for everyone banking over 249,999.99 a year?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

This isn't about a line. This is proving people liars.

Comment

Right. Wage and price controls have been discredited for 30 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Right. Wage and price controls have been discredited for 30 years now.
                        Thus the thread, presented as evidence that they do in fact work.

Comment

So why not apply wage and price controls to everyone since they 'work'?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                            So why not apply wage and price controls to everyone since they 'work'?
                            Because I'm not a fascist like you.

Comment

Obviously wage and price controls 'work' in the sense that they hurt the people who suffer under them, which is why you target people who make too much money. Awesome argument, btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X