On the eve of reform, Tea Partiers show what they're really made of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Vancouver has the longer sellout streak. Second longest in the NHL.
    My how you move the ****ing goalposts with ease. Vancouver had the worst attendance of any Canadian team for decades, and you now focus on the fact that Vancouver -- like Calgary -- has a long sellout streak today. Well ****ing done. Douche.

Pretty darn good for the 'douchiest' fanbase in the league.
    I'm fairly confident that attendance is wholly unrelated to douchiness. You, for instance, are the douchiest ****ing poster on this site but your attendance is exemplary.

For the fourth ****ing time, link up your claim about a 10-fold increase in deficit. Douche.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• My assumption that the Tea Party is populated largely by Repubs is based on (1) the fact that they follow Glen Beck and Fox News, and (2) they are aligned with what used to called "traditional" Republican values (small fed govt, states rights, low taxes, blah blah).

If the Tea Party is truly 60% independents, we can rest easy. Because there aren't enough of them to make a difference. But I think it's mainly a lot more Becksheep than anything else.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• JRabbit, you are aware that 'independent' is the most common political label these days?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• My how you move the ****ing goalposts with ease. Vancouver had the worst attendance of any Canadian team for decades, and you now focus on the fact that Vancouver -- like Calgary -- has a long sellout streak today. Well ****ing done. Douche.
          Over Winnipeg? I daresay there hasn't been a time, ever, that Vancouver has had the lowest attendance among Canadian teams.

I'm fairly confident that attendance is wholly unrelated to douchiness. You, for instance, are the douchiest ****ing poster on this site but your attendance is exemplary.

For the fourth ****ing time, link up your claim about a 10-fold increase in deficit. Douche.
          Uh, 1.5 trillion is 10x the 150 million under Bush, I've already done so.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Over Winnipeg? I daresay there hasn't been a time, ever, that Vancouver has had the lowest attendance among Canadian teams.

Uh, 1.5 trillion is 10x the 150 million under Bush, I've already done so.
            HOLY ****. You fail SO MUCH.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Bush's last deficit: $407 BILLION (NOT $150 MILLION)

Obama's latest deficit: $1267 BILLION

1267 / 407 = 3.11, NOT 10.

As others have mentioned, some of this is reflected by changing some of the accounting rules that allowed Bush to take SIGNIFICANT costs pertaining to the wars off the ledger. But yes, Obama is spending more. No, he's not spending more by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE.

Comment

• Bush posted consistant deficits in the 150 range, at the same point of his last term. I'd rather Obama strove to match the best years under Bush, not the worst.

Comment

• You're not moving the goalposts on this one.

Man up, admit you were ****ing lying.

Comment

• As others have mentioned, some of this is reflected by changing some of the accounting rules that allowed Bush to take SIGNIFICANT costs pertaining to the wars off the ledger.

Are these the same accounting tricks that Clinton used?

But yes, Obama is spending more. No, he's not spending more by an ORDER OF MAGNITUDE.
                    His deficits are an order of magnitude higher. Thanks mostly to the Obama depression.

Comment

His deficits are an order of magnitude higher. Thanks mostly to the Obama depression.

What ****ing planet do you live on?

Comment

• What, you don't think this is the Obama depression? He owns it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                          And? The country was founded on those two concepts.

Do they all need to like the same flavor of ice cream before they're a 'real' party?
                          Well, an actual platform with a plan of action attached would be nice, but that's probably too much to ask at the moment. The FFs' objections were to taxation sans representation, not taxation in general, and the degree to which they disliked government was rather variable--like their views on pretty much everything except the King of England. Alexander Hamilton wasn't too fussed about it, obviously, and he got his way (or most of it, anyway; I forget the details) in the end.

If the TPs ever gain power, however, they will face much the same problem Washington et al did after the War was won: it's a lot easier to unify people against, rather than for, something. And that's leaving out that actually reducing taxes OR the government at this point would be highly difficult for reasons both political and practical. Even if you grant that both of their ideas are totally awesome, they're still comparable to a man standing up and shouting "We need to cure cancer now while halving our unemployment rate!" Okay, fine, so what's your brilliant plan for achieving those goals?
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

What, you don't think this is the Obama depression? He owns it now.
                            It's not just that, but how you're continuing to say the deficit is an order of magnitude higher even after you've been shown wrong.

You're completely ****ing bat**** crazy.

Comment

Working...
                            X