No announcement yet.

Lost: Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, no one else on the Island had a truly meaningful connection to someone who wasn't also on the Island.

Come on. Locke and Helen? Sayid and Nadia?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Locke blew it with Helen, big time. She was through with him. And Sayid threw Nadia away when he turned into an assassin.

Also--Jack didn't get a son. He imagined him; he wasn't "real". And maybe other characters got their hero sendoff, too; we just didn't see them. It'd hard to define "waiting" in a plane of existence where time doesn't exist.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• And Sayid threw Nadia away when he turned into an assassin.

Sayid turned into an assassin because he loved Nadia so much that he needed revenge on her killers.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• But he turned his back on her. She was the one who brought him out of the darkness; he immediately went back into it after her death.

Comment

• But he turned his back on her.

And Desmond was perfectly willing to sacrifice Penny and Charlie in the Island world by pulling out the cork and moving on to the Sideways World. Frankly, Sayid seems to be the more noble of the two, and yet he got stuck with Shannon in the end instead of the love of his life. Sucks, but that's what happens when end up in a pure land centered around a guy who has no idea who Nadia is.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Perhaps Widmore's Dr. Manhattan experiment scrambled Desmond's brains and judgment to the extent that he was irrational; or, Afterlife Desmond implanted the idea in Island Desmond's head, ultimately rendering Nameless vulnerable.

I admit, I'm grasping at straws on this one.

Comment

• It's not your fault; neither Island Desmond nor Sideways Desmond was well served by the events in the finale. The intriguing and seemingly important missions of both Desmonds ended somewhat anticlimactically, furthering Jack's pursuit of his goals rather than achieving anything important on their own.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• True enough; probably my biggest beef with the finale, that.

Comment

• Best episodes:

Season One -- Walkabout (The only episode I ever missed when it was first televised.)
                    Season Two -- The 23rd Psalm (Hard choice here, no real clear cut standout.)
                    Season Three -- Through The Looking Glass (Network television's greatest season finale ever.)
                    Season Four -- The Constant (Greatest hour in television history? I say yes.)
                    Season Five -- LaFleur (Another hard choice, not a bad episode the whole season.)
                    Season Six -- Happily Ever After (Slight edge over The Substitute, for no real reason.)

Debate!

Comment

• I'd rank several Season Six episodes above "Happily Ever After", "The Substitute" among them. I didn't think "Happily Ever After" was all that to begin with, and the revelations about the Sideways World have made it even less interesting in retrospect. For my money, "The Candidate" was the best episode of the season; that sequence on the submarine was just amazing and it still carries the same weight after the finale.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hmm. Upon further review, I'm inclined to agree with you, The Candidate is probably the better choice. Not because you're right about Happily Ever After (you're not); but you are right about The Candidate.

What do you suppose the master plan was (if any) for Eko, before the actor quit? Was he going to be a candidate? Would he have been in the O6? Would he have survived to the end? All sorts of interesting possibilities... christ, I loved that character.

Comment

• I don't think there were candidates in season 3.
                          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• I think Eko would have stayed on the Island, or at least tried to and then been forced to leave it with the O6.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                            X