Thread in which we discuss The Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    We have a basement room, which we've put racks for about 120 bottles in. Upstairs we have a few small racks (~ 30 bottles) for the stuff we're going to be drinking soon. We're currently overstocked so have about 10/20 bottles still in their boxes in the basement.

Most of the stuff we have ~ 90 bottles or so is stuff we're ageing. But it is convenient to be able to have most different types on hand, and we try and keep things stocked... actually we were trying to work out if we could get some more racks in. Have to have a clear out of the basement first.
    Most people with wine cooling systems in their kitchen do it more for show than anything else. The bottles are under daily sunlight. The refrigerating systems are usually cheap, leading to continuous vibrations. And then they stock last year's young wine, expecting it to mature or something like that. Hilarious.

It's still miles ahead of my cave though. Much better for the wine, not so good for me. It got broken into until I stopped storing my wine there.

Comment

Balsion 2005 isn't that bad
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
      X